The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Would be sorry to see McDaid go as he is the only genuine pace we have in wide areas.  That said, he really was wildly inconsistent.  First 6 weeks of the season he looked a stick on for player of the year.  After that, it was all a bit up and down.  Strange that McCall seemed to think he was signing, but some knob agent has probably turned his head for the sake of 20 quid a week.

Guy that does the stadium announcements has tweeted "I'm waiting on an imminent announcement today hopefully". Not sure if I'm clutching at straws or whether he knows something.

I'd give my left baw for an "Imminent" tweet from Graeme.

5 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

If Higginbotham is leaving the pars I’d take him. I’d rate him much better than permacrock charmichael. Stirling and doc don’t get on so there’s no chance of that happening

More than Higginbotham tbf. 

McDaid has been inconsistent which is understandable based on his age, has something different about him and if he becomes more consistent he’ll have a big future in the game, if not, he’ll be playing league 1/championship football for a few years yet

Guy that does the stadium announcements has tweeted "I'm waiting on an imminent announcement today hopefully". Not sure if I'm clutching at straws or whether he knows something.
I'd give my left baw for an "Imminent" tweet from Graeme.
The stadium announcer is always kicking about Somerset and I think is trialing the new PA system at some point so he could well be right.

Hope he's right and there is some fucking signing news today.

Sent from my G3121 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

As something to cure the boredom of the never ending wait for a new signing. Who would take Balatoni back?

I would, excellent first half of the season with us before playing through injuries etc lead to a loss of form. Had an absolute clusterfuck around him as well.

11 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

As something to cure the boredom of the never ending wait for a new signing. Who would take Balatoni back?

I would, excellent first half of the season with us before playing through injuries etc lead to a loss of form. Had an absolute clusterfuck around him as well.

He's still at Torquay is he not?

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Dean Keenan to take the Championship by storm next season.

Someone did tell me last week that he should/could still be playing in the seniors.

I just want us to sign somebody, it seems a long while since Shankland signed back on.

Someone did tell me last week that he should/could still be playing in the seniors.
I just want us to sign somebody, it seems a long while since Shankland signed back on.

I went to a couple of games at Portland Park last season with a couple of mates and he still looked pretty good. They’ve also got ex-Ayr players Dale Shirkie and Dale Keenan playing for them.

It’s the complete opposite from last season where we had just about our full squad signed and ready by this time in the year whereas this time we’ve got pre-season in 3 days and no new players.

7 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

If McDaid does move on I'd be more than have to have Higginbotham as a replacement.

Hopefully Higgy stays where he is with us. I'd be gutted to lose the guy.

50 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

It’s the complete opposite from last season where we had just about our full squad signed and ready by this time in the year whereas this time we’ve got pre-season in 3 days and no new players.

We have a squad of 19 signed up it's hardly alarming.