The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

If  Forrest isn't a winger at this point then I don't know what he is.

That’s the thing he’s been in the team for about 5 seasons and I still don’t think we know what his best position is. For me if he plays he’s got to be played behind the Striker(s). 

I agree with the vast majority of what you say but i don’t think either McGuffiie or Forrest are good enough yet to be starters. 
For me we need:
GK
LB
CB
CM
McDaid/ Winger 

For me McGuffie needs a proper run in the team to fulfill his potential. If McDaid goes then we’ve got a real opportunity to give him that chance. It’d be a mistake to sign a replacement when we’ve already got someone who, with time, can be be a much better player than him imo.

Don’t get me wrong I’d keep McDaid but if he goes it wouldn’t be the end of the world.

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

That’s the thing he’s been in the team for about 5 seasons and I still don’t think we know what his best position is. For me if he plays he’s got to be played behind the Striker(s). 

He spent last season playing LW and should be kept there for the Championship, mucking about with him again at this level doesn't make any sense.

4 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

He spent last season playing LW and should be kept there for the Championship, mucking about with him again at this level doesn't make any sense.

He should be kept on the bench for the championship imo. 

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

He should be kept on the bench for the championship imo. 

Actually think he'll be 1st choice LW next season, then McGuffie and Murphy. That's if Crawford plays CM. Although if McDaid leaves that messes it up a bit, not sure if McCall will bring in a replacement or  not.

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

What's going on at Dunfermline, are they in trouble or just having a clear out.

Don't know but Wedderburn and Cardle being confirmed tonight as offski and it'a expected Higginbotham will be off aswell, hopefully it's admin all over and they can't afford McDaid.

What's going on at Dunfermline, are they in trouble or just having a clear out.

They’ve had a few players like Clark and Aird who’ve found better deals elsewhere but guys like Cardle and Wedderburn are probably part of a clear out. Risky move if they can’t get the right guys in.

They’ve had a few players like Clark and Aird who’ve found better deals elsewhere but guys like Cardle and Wedderburn are probably part of a clear out. Risky move if they can’t get the right guys in.
Might be some dressing room unrest given that Morris apparently went in to speak to the chairman and tell him why he wasn't coming back according to one of the posters on here. Hopefully the makings of a weakened Dunfermline side.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

49 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Looks like we’re happy to be cannon fodder then. Disappointing. 

Unfortunately the black and white pound doesn't seem to be enough to cover the squad we already had :unsure2:

Just a clear out for us. Neither Cardle or Wedderburn player much since the turn of the year and I think AJ has his eye on better players. Good additions for a team, I’d imagine they’ll be championship. Rumour of Cardle doing a player/coach role at Raith.

McDaid was being linked with Preston last season now he's going to dunfermline??? to be honest I'd be really disappointed if he left us for another championship club but we have players who can play right mid and let's not forget as well as he did last season there was plenty of times McCall hooked him at half time because he was rotten, I'd love love McGuffie to kick on and make that position his there's a player on the level of Conway at least if he believes in himself.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

There's a fan on the Dunfermline page indicating that McDaid will be signing for them, don't know if he's just guessing or he's in the know.

If he does move to Dunfermline it'll be for two reasons, more money and a more realistic chance of making the premiership, which lets not forget is where he wanted to end up playing with Partick before he left them.