The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

32 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

After a fast paced start, we’ve slowed down on the re-signing front and no new faces yet. Hoping we hear something this week, help shift some more ST and AU500.

I'm not overly worried about this, we've signed most of a starting 11 plus probably our start of the season subs bench. Only really missing a coupe of key positions. Then it is a case of getting a couple of cover players.  Under previous regimes we would have still been fannying about trying to get our 3rd or 4th face in.  I trust McCall's professional approach. 

49 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

After a fast paced start, we’ve slowed down on the re-signing front and no new faces yet. Hoping we hear something this week, help shift some more ST and AU500.

McCall said in his interview that he hoped to have the McDaid issue resolved in the next few days so I'd expect to hear some news on him before the end of the week. Would be nice for us to announce a new signing for us to get excited about.

12 hours ago, rb123! said:

See Livingston have signed Craig Sibbald, they hope to announce further signings in the coming days and weeks.

Suspect Crawford will be one of them.

Livi manager Hopkin resigned today so would all of a sudden seem a very risky move...

Livi manager Hopkin resigned today so would all of a sudden seem a very risky move...

According to a journalist in that area they’re announcing a signing today. Might be Crawford but they are apparently interested in Vaughan.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

According to a journalist in that area they’re announcing a signing today. Might be Crawford but they are apparently interested in Vaughan.

He also said Hopkin was staying tbf. 

Just seen that, someone also mentioned Hamilton but don't know if that's true or not.

That was me, based on McCalls comment of two premier league teams being in for him and if he stayed another year he could attract a better standard of premier league team

By deduction I figured they were talking about those two, with St Mirren not having a manager at the time

Friendly against Forfar on the 30th June up at Station Park.
Bit of an odd one, not expecting any at home because of the cost plus McCall doesn't like the pitch being used for any games before the Betfred Cup starts.

Bit of a weird one travelling 3 hours for a friendly.

Will I be there? Absolutely

After last season where we were devoid of any pre season games I’ll be going to any we organise this season.

Just wish we had the Gretna tournament again.

The Sun are now reporting that McCrorie is set to join us on loan.

This will likely mean he won’t be anywhere near Ayr next season.
That obviously is the goalie which is almost a done deal then.

Tbh from what I seen of him last night he was impressive and the fact rangers gave him a 4 year deal must make them think he's the real deal.

That obviously is the goalie which is almost a done deal then.

Tbh from what I seen of him last night he was impressive and the fact rangers gave him a 4 year deal must make them think he's the real deal.

What I would say is he picked up a few awards at Berwicks POTY night and if I remember correctly he had some big performances which put him in the SPFL TOTW.

He’s clearly highly rated by Rangers if they’ve given him that length of contract. I’ve seen him at Somerset before when Ross was here so he knows what the crowd can be like and he’ll also know that if he has a good season then he can do what Ross did and get closer to the first team.

It’ll be met with a lot of doubt given the goalie situation last season and I’ve no problem with that but if he starts off well then the crowd will get on his side.