The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

McCall saying that he’s sorting things out with McDaid and Adams. Adams has offers from teams in Ireland but McCall wants to keep him.

He thinks he’s close to getting a goalie and there’s an offer made to a left back.

He wants a centre half and a midfielder but will need to discuss that with the board but he’s got his eye on a midfielder and says he’s spoken to the other club involved.

McCall said in the interview he spoke to McDaids "guy" So I am assuming he has an agent trying to play hard ball. Out the two I'd rather keep Crawford though.  From McCalls comment about the status of Premier league club I'd guess at either Hamilton or Livingston are in for him.

Adams will re-sign, No mention of Hart again. 

27 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

McCall saying that he’s sorting things out with McDaid and Adams. Adams has offers from teams in Ireland but McCall wants to keep him.

He thinks he’s close to getting a goalie and there’s an offer made to a left back.

He wants a centre half and a midfielder but will need to discuss that with the board but he’s got his eye on a midfielder and says he’s spoken to the other club involved.

Sounds hopeful, AU500 needs a big push once again for the centre half and the midfielder by the sounds of things along with a beg to the board.

Have to say i think the board are underestimated for how much they put into the budget for McCall getting players, Cameron even said on the Q&A that the board have put a substantial amount of extra money into the budget for this season

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

McCall said in the interview he spoke to McDaids "guy" So I am assuming he has an agent trying to play hard ball. Out the two I'd rather keep Crawford though.  From McCalls comment about the status of Premier league club I'd guess at either Hamilton or Livingston are in for him.

Adams will re-sign, No mention of Hart again. 

Since McDaid came up through the ranks at Partick he probably does have an agent.

Ffs Jamie Adams can't get in to speak to McCall today until 5 because of farming, fucking quality [emoji23].

Tbh don't know about Adams because he's not stupid and will probably know that his game time could be limited next season. All depends though on where Geggan plays and how often Kerr and Docherty play.

51 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

If Crawford leaves then I wish him all the best but it’s a real shame as we’ve only seen a glimmer of his true ability when he’s been here. No doubt all his haters will be delighted for reasons that I still can’t understand.

You've probably answered your own question..

You've probably answered your own question..

The ones that don’t like him are the same ones that think he is completely useless.

He’s been great but injuries have meant he’s not reached his potential imo.

That’s me just had a chance to listen to McCalls interview, Few key points

- Was meeting Jamie Adams tonight at 5pm, was working on farm. Interest from a few Irish teams due to being based in Stranraer. 

-  David Ferguson currently on holiday, will speak with him when he’s back.

- Interest from 1 premiership and 2 championship clubs for Robbie Crawford. Thinks he’s a vital player for us and if he stays fit this season thinks there will be bigger clubs in for him next season.

- Met with McDaid’s ‘man’(I’m presuming this is his agent) on Monday. A slight issue but he’s hoping to have that tied up in the next couple of days.

- Believes he’s close to securing a goalkeeper.

- Made an offer for a left back.

- Wants a midfielder and CB but this will be budget depending. Said he had spoken to the club involved so that to me either suggests a loan (did someone not mention Scott Martin who was on loan to Arbroath from Hibs last season being a target) or trying to get someone out of contact I.e. Andy Stirling. 

He again reiterated the importance of people signing up to Au500 and getting their season tickets early. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Wonder who the midfielder is that McCall wants to sign. He’s obviously still under contract so I’m guessing we’ve got money for a fee.

Bannigan came to mind but just a complete guess.

AU500 numbers are sold from different agents with their own allocation of numbers. Was sitting at under 50 when season finished. I was allocated number 114 a few weeks ago, but when in club shop actual number was roughly about the 80 mark. Still good though.

Assuming it’s Turner.....

He was the one that sprung to mind but then someone mentioned Scott Martin so it wouldn’t surprise me if it was a loan from a Premiership club.

Turner would be a good acquisition though.

Robby McCrorie is our man if the rumour mill is true.

Hope it isn’t.

Surprised we’ve still not heard about Hart. Is he going to do a Cairney and just leave and we’ll never speak of him again?