The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

It would be good if the official website could be updated to reflect the current situation with who's signed and who's currently out of contract etc.

I appreciate this is an ever changing story but for those who aren't registered on Facebook / Twitter etc and who don't use P&B, it would be very imformative and important in keeping the interest up ahead of the new season.

Edited by Guest

Looks like Crawford is offski, quote from McCall in AP “I’ve spoken with Robbie and there’s a realistic chance we will lose him. If that’s the case I will be absoulotely gutted but we will remain hopeful and see what happens.”

No mention of any of the others. 

Looks like Crawford is offski, quote from McCall in AP “I’ve spoken with Robbie and there’s a realistic chance we will lose him. If that’s the case I will be absoulotely gutted but we will remain hopeful and see what happens.”
Ffs that's the good news we were all looking forward to, sincerely hope it's not another championship club.

9 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Itzdrk, looks like you were lied to.

Edited by UpInTheAyr

Would be a blow to lose him but with all his injury trouble we could probably get someone more reliable.

Just means we’ll need to add a wide player/number 10 to the squad.

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

Let's wait and see though because I'm pretty sure none of us including McCall expected Shankland to stay and look what happened.

McCall is pretty honest when talking publicly, what he says is usually how it pans out with stuff like this.

Would be a blow to lose him but with all his injury trouble we could probably get someone more reliable.

Just means we’ll need to add a wide player/number 10 to the squad.
Not be many of them kicking about on the free market who don't have a lot of interest.
Think Crawford wanted to leave last year to go to Livingston but for whatever reason that didn't materialise.

Not be many of them kicking about on the free market who don't have a lot of interest.
Think Crawford wanted to leave last year to go to Livingston but for whatever reason that didn't materialise.

Not saying we’ll get someone better but someone who doesn’t get injured as much as he does. Obviously injuries are common given the job he does and ends up getting kicked throughout games but someone like Andy Stirling would be a reasonable target imo.

Not saying we’ll get someone better but someone who doesn’t get injured as much as he does. Obviously injuries are common given the job he does and ends up getting kicked throughout games but someone like Andy Stirling would be a reasonable target imo.

Stirling couldn’t lace Crawford’s Boots. I agree with your point but not Stirling!

Stirling couldn’t lace Crawford’s Boots. I agree with your point but not Stirling!

Unfortunately I think you’ll struggle to find many players that could come in and be better with the budget that we’ve got.

Stirling isn’t nearly as good but he’s more direct and would be able to cope with the Championship. Not aware of any other players going around that are like Crawford tbf.

Would take Jordan Kirkpatrick who was at Alloa last season, always impressed me with his pace and is now back at St Mirren.

Can't see him getting much game time there so thought he might get a loan, Alloa might be first choice though.

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

Would take Jordan Kirkpatrick who was at Alloa last season, always impressed me with his pace and is now back at St Mirren.

Can't see him getting much game time there so thought he might get a loan, Alloa might be first choice though.

Think that would very much depend if Goodwin gets the job or not. 

Think that would very much depend if Goodwin gets the job or not. 

Nah he’s out of the running now apparently.

If Crawford leaves then I wish him all the best but it’s a real shame as we’ve only seen a glimmer of his true ability when he’s been here. No doubt all his haters will be delighted for reasons that I still can’t understand.

Hopefully McDaid signs on quickly now as we can’t afford to lose any more of our big players.