The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

15 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Without wanting to sound like Ally Morrison, could Jason Talbot be a transfer target for the LB position. Hasn’t signed a new deal at Dunfermline and we know McCall loves an ex par. A right nasty b*****d aswell. 

174CB3FC-0A77-46FF-8B16-7A2169CA71BF.jpeg

Getting on a bit at 32 is probably the only issue.

Problem the club has got is attracting lapsed fans back to attending more games, I’m one of them, work for the past 6 years has prevented me from attending games.

As someone who attended every home game for 25 years, and a fair few away games too, would I say I’ve missed it every week? No, I wouldn’t. Always still looked out for the scores but apart from the 4 or 5 games a season I’ve managed, that’s as far as my interest has went in recent years.

One thing I will say though is there’s a visable increase in people wearing the clubs colours coming into my work in past month or so, and around town, and the clubs done well with the charm offensive in engaging with the public so far since winning the league. Wether this indicates a substantial increase in crowds on match days remains to be seen.

Does this mean that I’ll go out of my way to request match days off work? I’ll certainly try make it to a few more games this season, but the club has to do its part, and make the product on the park an attractive product, as the days of me having blind loyalty and following the club week in week out are gone.

All good thanks :)

Done a lot more reading on here in recent years, rather than spouting my nonsense, no point carping from the sidelines.

Managed 5 games last season, saw us lose 4 times (how I managed that in a title winning season I’ll never know) and only decided last minute to go to the last game of the season, really glad I did though.

10 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Without wanting to sound like Ally Morrison, could Jason Talbot be a transfer target for the LB position. Hasn’t signed a new deal at Dunfermline and we know McCall loves an ex par. A right nasty b*****d aswell. 

174CB3FC-0A77-46FF-8B16-7A2169CA71BF.jpeg

Never a booking.

11 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

He's not nasty? he's been sent off the us twice in three seasons which is about the norm for a defender, he reads the game well be anyone with pace is usually by he would be fine for us as a squad player, I wouldn't fancy having Geggan and Talbot as your wingers you'll be torn to shreds.

He's not nasty? he's been sent off the us twice in three seasons which is about the norm for a defender, he reads the game well be anyone with pace is usually by he would be fine for us as a squad player, I wouldn't fancy having Geggan and Talbot as your wingers you'll be torn to shreds.

Good thing they’re not wingers then eh?

I personally wouldn’t take him. Would rather we went for someone younger with more potential.

5 hours ago, Adam101 said:

The picture begs to differ, he also done similar to Paul McGinn when he was at Dumbarton so clearly does have a nasty streak about him. 

5 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Good thing they’re not wingers then eh?

I personally wouldn’t take him. Would rather we went for someone younger with more potential.

Absoulotely but there seems to be a lack of rumours doing the rounds. Someone like Callum Crane or Daniel Harvie would be ideal. 

2 hours ago, rb123! said:

Wonder if this will be the week where we have some announcements again...

Hopefully as McCall back from holiday now, just depends if any of the players are...?