The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I'm not one of the Crawford haters, however I do feel he doesn't do enough and get involved enough in some of our matches, and while I'd like him to re-sign, I'd not be totally gutted if he didn't, as believe we have plenty of cover in that particular area.

Crawford will be one of our most important players next year in my opinion. If he had a better end product he’d be at a bigger club than us.

That’s the frustrating thing. He was starting to add goals to his game and get more assists then got injured.

I think when he came back he was a bit more cautious when trying to take players on out of fear of getting injured but if he plays 30 games next he’ll undoubtedly be our best player.

Would you say keeping the same team and same tactics is the way to go in the Championship?

We will obviously have a right go at teams, try to score goals and be attractive to watch - that sounds ideal.

Will be great if we can have a big, strong defensive line up. One that puts the fear of God in our opposition's eyes.

I've never felt so optimistic, even though the league will arguably be the most competitive that we have seen, especially with the prospect of Partick coming down too.

I trust McCall.

Looks like he is enjoying his time with us, as much as his grumpy coupon will show us mind you, but glad to have him.

Can't wait till the league kicks off.

One last note.

There just HAS to be a place for Jamie Adams in our squad.

Would you say keeping the same team and same tactics is the way to go in the Championship?
We will obviously have a right go at teams, try to score goals and be attractive to watch - that sounds ideal.
Will be great if we can have a big, strong defensive line up. One that puts the fear of God in our opposition's eyes.
I've never felt so optimistic, even though the league will arguably be the most competitive that we have seen, especially with the prospect of Partick coming down too.
I trust McCall.
Looks like he is enjoying his time with us, as much as his grumpy coupon will show us mind you, but glad to have him.
Can't wait till the league kicks off.
One last note.
There just HAS to be a place for Jamie Adams in our squad.
You just have to look at Livingston and see how strong and tall their defence is, could do with Alan Lithgow and Longridge tbh.

Two of Roberts masterclass decisions.

You just have to look at Livingston and see how strong and tall their defence is, could do with Alan Lithgow and Longridge tbh.

Two of Roberts masterclass decisions.
My signed Jackson Longridge top is the last thing I see at night usually. Bring him home.

Considering McCall's history of signing players for Ayr who he had previously signed at Thistle and your need of a goalkeeper I wouldn't be surprised if he was interested in Ryan Scully. I'm pretty sure he's out of contract and would only find himself playing second fiddle to Cerny again if he stayed. Just a thought.

Theoretically, if McCall signed Cammy Bell to play in goal, how long or what level of performance would it take for the support to like him?

If he came to Ayr I wouldn’t really care that he’d played for Killie. I’m sure there would be folk that would be against it because he played for them but I don’t see it as an issue.

Theoretically, if McCall signed Cammy Bell to play in goal, how long or what level of performance would it take for the support to like him?
It just gives him a shorter leeway for abuse, and a longer road to hero status.

If he does well, he'll be fine.

In fairness we've had ex-Killies before in the squad and they've turned it around - Mark Roberts (as a player) for example.

Would rather we looked else were than Bell though, and I'd like to think Hart will be fighting for the gloves this year maybe as our Cup keeper to give him a few starts. Think the lad has potential and he's still way off his peak given his age.

In an ideal world if budget wasn't an issue I'd love to see us retain him out on loan to a league 1 team playing every week.

Tbh Cammy Bell (or similar) plus keeping Hart would be perfect for me.  As someone has said before I can't see being an ex Killie being an issue. From what i've seen he's a pretty good keeper at this level and is someone Hart coulf learn from.  If he performs well the fans will take to him - simple as that.