The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Right  Lads , now you are talking about next years Shirts , time to pack up and move to the championship chat , youve done your bit , dont be Brechin , see you in august 2019 ...
Will need the black and white pound paying you a wee Betfred Cup visit to make sure you are still about in August 2019.

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:
1 hour ago, bishopburn boy said:
Right  Lads , now you are talking about next years Shirts , time to pack up and move to the championship chat , youve done your bit , dont be Brechin , see you in august 2019 ...

Will need the black and white pound paying you a wee Betfred Cup visit to make sure you are still about in August 2019.

I preferred the south Ayrshire pound , more descriptive , and Aye , i’m happy to think big for next year , the kids did well, move a couple on for decent cash and a couple of loanees so we can be competitive , 

I didn’t go to starks this season , i’ll Make a better effort next ! 

However if youse are happy to get horsed in the bet Fred   We will be good with that , till the next derby, we still own you !

6 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Would anyone else take Furtardo from Raith? Only 20 and plenty of potential.

Only seen Raith play in the two games at Somerset, but based on that I wasn't impressed with any of them and wouldn't take any of them. Especially not Barr.

11 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Would anyone else take Furtardo from Raith? Only 20 and plenty of potential.

Is he not there on amateur terms because of some compensation issue?  

Is he not there on amateur terms because of some compensation issue?  

Just read that elsewhere.

No idea what the rules are in terms of that - if we could offer him an amateur deal too.

Assuming the more he impresses at a higher level, the more chance someone will take the chance of signing him properly.

Didn't realise Furtado was so young - i'd take him (and Vaughan) from Raith in a second. I reckon Moff, Moore and possibly even Shankland would have struggled in a team that played the style Raith did. 

Re: Furtado - i was bored this morning so was scrolling through our 17/18 pre season thread and a Stenny fan at one point posted out the blue saying we were signing him - he ended up at Airdrie but I wonder if there was any truth in it.

I was feeling smug reading the chat of a year ago though...some on here raging at Crawford, Moore, Rose,and Adams being re-signed until I saw myself say something like 'not convinced at all by McDaid, and Meggat a massive miss'.  Balloon burst. 

Edited by Hursty

Didn't realise Furtado was so young - i'd take him (and Vaughan) from Raith in a second. I reckon Moff, Moore and possibly even Shankland would have struggled in a team that played the style Raith did. 

This

It’s clear that Smiths tactics have played a big part in Raith not going up. I reckon both of those players would’ve flourished this season in our team and would be good players for next season.

The Vaughan rumour has certainly came out of nowhere though. Maybe bigger clubs put off by his recent performances.