The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Hope so, wrong manager for Shanks to shine.

Sure this time two years ago the paper was bringing out stories that devlin was off to hearts ,dundee utd etc etc .but he stayed to establish himself in the championship and got a move down south .plus hearts have a few good strikers already .but if he does leave over the summer mccall NEEDS to replace him .

I don’t think any of us would begrudge shanks wanting to move on to bigger and better things, but a move to hearts would be a gamble for both. He didn’t set the heather on fire in the prem or champ, and probably benefited from being the main man for us this year. If he goes to hearts, he’ll probably be sitting on the bench often.

We take up the complete front page of the Ayrshire Post, what a sight [emoji7].

McCall says that there's no reason why the likes of Crawford, Rose and Shankland can make themselves known in the championship. Regarding Shankland he says the decision should come down to more than football.

McCall also says changes to the full time set up could be made with the aim of training in Ayr all the time.

16 hours ago, rb123! said:

We take up the complete front page of the Ayrshire Post, what a sight emoji7.png.

McCall says that there's no reason why the likes of Crawford, Rose and Shankland can make themselves known in the championship. Regarding Shankland he says the decision should come down to more than football.

McCall also says changes to the full time set up could be made with the aim of training in Ayr all the time.

Just hope training in Ayr full-time doesn't put players off joining. I think some players view partially training in Glasgow as a big benefit. I get what McCall is saying about being a real Community Club, but I hope we don't shoot ourselves in the foot with that one.

1 hour ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Just hope training in Ayr full-time doesn't put players off joining. I think some players view partially training in Glasgow as a big benefit. I get what McCall is saying about being a real Community Club, but I hope we don't shoot ourselves in the foot with that one.

I don’t believe it will be that much of a problem. You’ve seen the likes of Shankland and Crawford commit this season and are both Glasgow based players. I think it’s more of a problem part time with other jobs, getting to Ayr on a Tuesday night after a 8 hour shift. However this is their full time commitment so I don’t see it being a problem and I think that’s what McCall will have found out from the squad this year and is why he’ll implement that idea.

Heard this morning that the guy Kirkwood is in talks about buying the club .wasn't he mentioned before about taking over ?
Pretty sure he was and then went and bought Troon, is he not on the board at Ayr at the moment or something.

Would maybe explain why Lauchlan has been back for a few weeks.

Kirkwood wouldn’t have the capital of Cameron, so there would be some sort of fan/community involvement if he was to. 
Think I'd rather stick with Cameron tbf, could get a bit risky with fan/community involvement.

Out of interest is there any championship clubs who have fan/community involvement, think QOTS might.

8 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Think I'd rather stick with Cameron tbf, could get a bit risky with fan/community involvement.

Out of interest is there any championship clubs who have fan/community involvement, think QOTS might.

That’s the thing, no one who is going to buy us is. For all of Lachlans faults, he can keep us afloat, but it’s not going to help us grow. I really don’t know what the solution is, but maybe someone like Kirkwood along with good footballing directors with a good strong community backing is the future. A sustained season in the Championship is a must to get the fans on side.

1 hour ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Heard this morning that the guy Kirkwood is in talks about buying the club .wasn't he mentioned before about taking over ?

His company tried to influence the Local Development Plan to allow Ayr United to relocate to the Dam Park.  I always fear any property company taking interest in a football club that owns it ground and loses money most seasons.