The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

17 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Aye, apparently he was doing it during the game at Somerset while getting pumped 3-0 couple of them were saying :lol:

Whit a wee freak Lewis is 

Poor wee Lewy is going to be utterly broken when Raith bottle the playoffs. Hopefully Uncle Davo can pick him up.

Wouldn't be surprised if Shankland goes, wrong decision IMO if he goes to a Premiership club and would be dissapointed if he moved to another Championship club. 

Money will talk though and going by what McCall said at the POTY night there is currently Cameron and i think also two directors contributing to his wage.

Wouldn't be surprised if Shankland goes, wrong decision IMO if he goes to a Premiership club and would be dissapointed if he moved to another Championship club. 
Money will talk though and going by what McCall said at the POTY night there is currently Cameron and i think also two directors contributing to his wage.

I’d hope he’d feel a sense of loyalty to McCall and Ayr for effectively reviving his career. In saying that I won’t grudge him a move elsewhere. Would be disappointed especially if it was to a Championship club but if he goes to the Premiership or down south then good luck to him.

Don’t think that post on Twitter is goodbye though. I think we’ll get one more season out him yet.

If it is anything like last year, Devlin said on day one he wasn't interested and the rest were either told they were going or given a few weeks to decide on the offer. 

It will come down to money, however, if he has a girlfriend and ties to Glasgow then it would have to be enough money to tempt him away from it all.

If he had this kind of season in the championship then I could see him getting  a move down south.  

Anyone read the SRE FB page btw, some of the signing suggestions for next season are just wow, i know we're going up Full Time and trying to make an impression but Jesus Christ i'm sure Cameron isn't going to be rolling out a budget of millions for next season. So far i've seen:
1. Myles Hippolyte
2. Gregg Wylde
3. Conrad Logan
4. Liam Kelly
5. Neil Parry
Sure there'll be many more interesting ones in the coming weeks.  The only sensible one is Parry, doesn't really seem like a golie though who plays it out from the back, semes to be more of a hoof it up the park.

That guy is dryhorse!! He admitted to me when I called him out on it!!

That guy is dryhorse!! He admitted to me when I called him out on it!!

He’ll get on better on the Facebook page as some of the utter roasters there will appreciate his work and wonder why the club aren’t signing these people.

He’ll get on better on the Facebook page as some of the utter roasters there will appreciate his work and wonder why the club aren’t signing these people.

He’s not faired too well so far

Can we ban him from there too?

I’m not on the SRE a lot but it’s a decent source of entertainment at times. He’ll likely lose the plot when McCall doesn’t sign the players that he wants so I’d let him stay for now.

Well here's my wish list and all achieveable

Mccallum from Forfar desperate to get back full time

Martin (Hibs) from Arbroath hopefully Hibees will want him at next level for development young and good legs what we need in the middle of the park

Stewart(Stmirren) big strong  leads the line well and caused us problems apparently McCall knocked back signing him when he was at Kilwinning big mistake

Marr from Albion wins everything in the air we'll need that next year

Watt from (Motherwell) Airdrie young good legs tough opponent

Obrien Arbroath classy centre back

Callaghan Montrose young and classy in middle tore us apart early in the season

Galt Queens absolute class winger from either side of the park

Vaughan Raith can't see it but would seriously tighten our defence

Robertson Raith makes them tick in the middle

Frizell Killie great prospect in the middle of the park what an engine

if we get half of them to add to what we've got we'll do well

big list I know but looked what happened this year with a small injured squad nearly cost us

4 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

I can't wait tae the betfred cup starts .wonder if we will get a pre season friendly somewhere ...ideally in England .

Think all our friendlies were behind closed doors last season. That is the way to go IMO.

3 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Think all our friendlies were behind closed doors last season. That is the way to go IMO.

Aye we played a few Under 20s teams. Friendlies are only good for fitness so I'm not to bothered if they're behind closed doors. Another trip to Gretna would be decent though. 

6 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Aye but a wee day oot would be good .

Lets play a NI team. A cracking day out on the ferry and a chance for Ally Morrison to scout some more talent.