The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

33 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Fair play Ayr, you took some stick last week (from me included) but that is one GIRUY back! Enjoy your summer and im sure our paths will cross again at some point ....

Might see you in the playoffs next year! 

I hope your club's troubles are behind them. Never nice to see another club struggle off the park, unless that club is a certain Glasgow club.

Shankland will have plenty of offers unfortunately.  Just hopes he gets a good move like Devlin rather than some sideways move to Morton or Falkirk.  The injuries to Crawford and Docherty might work in our favour but I think there will be plenty of interest in Crawford in particular.

13 hours ago, somerset_lad said:

If there’s one thing you couldn’t really criticise the manager on it’s his signings.

With the exception of a couple of iffy ones last season everyone he’s brought in has proved their worth.

I trust him to sign the right players and if we get them right then we shouldn’t need a massive overhaul.

You’re nuts.  Signings for our last attempt at the championship were absolutely howling.  The only decent signing was Moore.  Shudder to think how much we were paying Harkins and El Alagui.

You’re nuts.  Signings for our last attempt at the championship were absolutely howling.  The only decent signing was Moore.  Shudder to think how much we were paying Harkins and El Alagui.

To be fair, Harkins was a signing we were all delighted with and has shown this season that he should have been a good signing.

El Alagui was pretty much our only option. After Shankland, funnily enough, turned us down.

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

To be fair, Harkins was a signing we were all delighted with and has shown this season that he should have been a good signing.

El Alagui was pretty much our only option. After Shankland, funnily enough, turned us down.

Kevin Nisbet, Jamie Thomas, Andy O’Connell....   Cairney was an honest trier and a good passer of the ball but was way too slow for the championship.  Rose was hopelessly out of his depth and Meggat wasn’t much better.  Hard to believe, but we also retained Gilmour and Michael Donald.  Balatoni did well though and I was sorry to see him go.  The Dunfermline fans told us at the time El Alagui was done before he signed.  As for Harkins, his stinking attitude is such that you never know what you’ll get from him.

We can surely do better this time.

1 hour ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Fair play Ayr, you took some stick last week (from me included) but that is one GIRUY back! Enjoy your summer and im sure our paths will cross again at some point ....

I saw after the Alloa debacle last week that you'd quoted me in the Champions Elect v Playoff Chasing Ayr thread and couldn't bear to look at it until now. Nice Gregg Wallace pic, thank god I can laugh at it now. This last 3 weeks have been a roller coaster of orgasmic highs and ball-crushing lows. Will need a full summer to recover tbh!

Rose turned out well and Balatoni was ok.

Think you’ll find I said last season was the exception to the rule.

Cant see it, he's regularly starting games for Walsall and is well liked by their fans. Also has another year on his contract.

Depends whether or not the new manager guts the squad.

Even if he did leave he wouldn’t be short on offers in Scotland. At his age he isn’t looking for a sentimental reunion.

1 minute ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Really don't feel like discussing the harsh realities of next season yet tbh, the team deserve a few weeks to enjoy being Champions before we get down to who stays or goes, and so do the fans.

Have to disagree, Clubs have all ready started announcing who will stay and go. We need to be quick off the mark to give us the best possible chance of having a successful season.

Anyone read the SRE FB page btw, some of the signing suggestions for next season are just wow, i know we're going up Full Time and trying to make an impression but Jesus Christ i'm sure Cameron isn't going to be rolling out a budget of millions for next season. So far i've seen:

1. Myles Hippolyte

2. Gregg Wylde

3. Conrad Logan

4. Liam Kelly

5. Neil Parry

Sure there'll be many more interesting ones in the coming weeks.  The only sensible one is Parry, doesn't really seem like a golie though who plays it out from the back, semes to be more of a hoof it up the park.

Anyone read the SRE FB page btw, some of the signing suggestions for next season are just wow, i know we're going up Full Time and trying to make an impression but Jesus Christ i'm sure Cameron isn't going to be rolling out a budget of millions for next season. So far i've seen:
1. Myles Hippolyte
2. Gregg Wylde
3. Conrad Logan
4. Liam Kelly
5. Neil Parry
Sure there'll be many more interesting ones in the coming weeks.  The only sensible one is Parry, doesn't really seem like a golie though who plays it out from the back, semes to be more of a hoof it up the park.

That guy is mental, not the first time he's went on a signing binge. Meth is a hell of a drug.

1. Myles Hippolyte

2. Gregg Wylde

3. Conrad Logan

4. Liam Kelly

5. Neil Parry

I know he attached the video of Hippolyte but it sounded like he was talking about Lewis Morgan when he was referencing Celtic and St Mirren, which would of course move on to a different level of mental.

Scratch that - didn’t realise Hippolyte was at St Mirren now. To be fair it was hard to understand.