The Bandstand Thread - Stranraer FC 2018-19

Fixtures not been released yet but think if we get QoS at home we should send out free tickets to every postcode in Stranraer, collect tickets on a first come first served bases. Really try and fill the place.
A big home gate beating them at would surely attract a few more to come along to the run of the mill league games later on. Give folk the feeling for it.
The amount of non attendees I speak to who have a dislikes to Dumfries is freighting, why not try and target it. Not the most PC but why not play on the rivalry between the two towns. Any child that’s competed in any sport from
Stranraer has fought them
as the enemy.

16 hours ago, Mattmc said:

Fixtures not been released yet but think if we get QoS at home we should send out free tickets to every postcode in Stranraer, collect tickets on a first come first served bases. Really try and fill the place.
A big home gate beating them at would surely attract a few more to come along to the run of the mill league games later on. Give folk the feeling for it.
The amount of non attendees I speak to who have a dislikes to Dumfries is freighting, why not try and target it. Not the most PC but why not play on the rivalry between the two towns. Any child that’s competed in any sport from
Stranraer has fought them
as the enemy.

This might be common knowledge locally but your website History page opens with...

Origins

There are reports of games played in Stranraer way back in 1865, mainly on a Wednesday - possibly because it was a half day in the town until the 1970s – but in 1870 an amalgamation of the town’s clubs formed Stranraer Football Club, making us the country’s third oldest league club.

If anyone's building a story for your upcoming sesquicentenary year, the "town's clubs" were Academy Coursers, Lodge TC, Sheuchan Swifts and Waverley. Derby day would have been against the mighty Cree Rovers.

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/6/2018 at 00:14, BlueSister said:

Friendly?  After we spoilt their party at Somerset?!

Dream on. No party was spoiled as we only had an outside chance of winning the league that day. It might surprise you to know that we really don't care about Stranraer. We only have one derby.

32 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Dream on. No party was spoiled as we only had an outside chance of winning the league that day. It might surprise you to know that we really don't care about Stranraer. We only have one derby.

Yes we believe you thousands wouldnt

1 hour ago, beefybake said:

I increasingly get the feeling that a long, hard season lies ahead, with a lot of weight on the shoulders of Turner, Anderson.....

Think a little bit pessimistic Beefycake, a lot of shrewd signings by management considering the recent drain on our resources player wise, looking at these I expect us to comfortably retain league one status.

11 hours ago, thomas 62 said:

Think a little bit pessimistic Beefycake, a lot of shrewd signings by management considering the recent drain on our resources player wise, looking at these I expect us to comfortably retain league one status.

You do have to back up what you say with a little more than 'shrewd'.  I haven't actually right now been and re- checked on soccerbase, wikipaedia etc to see where they've been, what they've done, goals scored.... , but over the weeks, at the time, I've noted that there seems to me to be rather a lot of guys being signed who don't seem to have done much at all. 

So those shrewd signings are going to have to start performing rather quickly. Which is why I made the comment about Turner and Anderson.