• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Clayhole Blue

The Bandstand Thread - Stranraer FC 2018-19

25 minutes ago, Diamond Oracle said:

What position does this Robertson fella play?

Centre back or right back, also holding midfield.

Speaking of Jenkins, is he still playing these days?

At Hurlford Juniors. A Scottish Cup final against another Stranraer hero in Tucker Sloan coming up.

What position does this Robertson fella play?

Best at right back, can play centre back or centre mid. Hard as nails, gives everything. Hates Brian Reid. Better than Airdrie. I’m drunk. I’m upset.

Gutted ROBBO away tbh.

One of my favourite players over the years.

100 % commitment every game.

A sore one to take as he will be missed.

In SF I trust.!!!!!!

Hope we get a few on board soon.

KEEP THE FAITH

CMON THE BLUES.

Gutted about robbo. Underrated player for us. Gave his heart and sole to the club. Wish him all the best at Airdrie. 

Best at right back, can play centre back or centre mid. Hard as nails, gives everything. Hates Brian Reid. Better than Airdrie. I’m drunk. I’m upset.

I suspect if he was “better than Airdrie” he wouldn’t be signing for us. It would also seem strange that he’d stay at Stranraer for 5 years if he was “better than Airdrie”. I’m prepared to be proved wrong though.

He’ll almost definitely be better than the defenders we’ve been subjected to over the past few seasons in any case.

He played for Stranraer for 5 year he must be world class

He played for Stranraer for 5 year he must be world class

Clearly not if he’s off to Airdrie...

53 minutes ago, Spanish Armada said:

Least he’ll have a winners medal at the end of the season not getting relegated

You can't move for winners medals at the moment up in Airdrie, they're swimming in them.

Input from Stuart Millar on Robbo’s departure:

‘Although I don't wish to respond to every question, rumour etc. I feel it's only right to be as transparent as we possibly can be and let you know that Scott was offered the best possible deal to remain at our club but unfortunately has decided to go elsewhere and will join a fellow league 1 club. Scott was keen to remain at Stranraer but financially we couldn't and wouldn't compete against the terms being offered elsewhere. Naturally we wish Scott the best of luck and thank him for the sterling service he has given to the club. We now move on.’

16 minutes ago, Clayhole Blue said:

Input from Stuart Millar on Robbo’s departure...

Scott was keen to remain at Stranraer but financially we couldn't and wouldn't compete against the terms being offered...

Translated:  Airdrie offering really good money...?

Down to our good bookkeeper ????

Airdrie full-time or part-time?....thought they were full time at beginning of season

Airdrie full-time or part-time?....thought they were full time at beginning of season
god knows the step up for the season just gone,think it was full-time untill the new board came in then it was changed to a more part-time based outlook.

we will be part time next season

Airdrie are part time as of January but are still training the same as a full time team

15 hours ago, Airdrie1977 said:

or Stranraer , not betting on a cup run this year and offering fairly Sh*tE  money ?

10 minutes ago, bishopburn boy said:

or Stranraer , not betting on a cup run this year and offering fairly Sh*tE  money ?

Stuart Millar was on our fb page suggesting the former.   

Edited by Airdrie1977