The Bandstand Thread - Stranraer FC 2018-19

On ‎08‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 23:06, ewan_fife said:

Thoughts on those released?

Lyle Avci - Played second fiddle to Max Currie so chances were limited, did ok but still young and learning. Hopefully finds football somewhere and kicks on.

Andy McDonald - Looked promising at the start but I was never convinced with any of our defence over the season, chopped and changed a fair bit which didn't help things.

David Brownlie - Similar to what I've said about Andy McDonald but, probably slightly better than McDonald.

Chris McGowan - Injured most of the season. Stand out in the under 20's a few seasons ago, got his chance with the first team and his never looked out of place.

Mark Lamont - Failed to live up the promise. Always good against us but no real stand out performances. Another who didn't have much luck with injuries.

Conor O'Keefe - Didn't see enough of him to comment.

3 hours ago, Clayhole Blue said:

Think 7 years is probably the longest we have done that since the 94 reconstruction!

And now they want to restructure us back into the lower league ! 

Maybe they can invite Irish and welsh teams in too , premier colt teams , I wonder who that would be ?  As we used to say

, awa’ an lie in yer pi$h 

Looking forward to Raith sending us to Dumfries next season 

Edited by bishopburn boy
Havin’ a dig at the doonhamers