The Bandstand Thread - Stranraer FC 2018-19

Am hearing that two or three Stranraer committee members have resigned with immediate effect.

Edit - one of them is the chairman.

Edit 2 - doesn't seem to be anything untoward in this. All over the Stranraer FB page, though.

Edited by AyrshireTon

Am hearing that two or three Stranraer committee members have resigned with immediate effect.
Edit 2 - doesn't seem to be anything untoward in this. All over the Stranraer FB page, though.

Chairman and Director of Football.

Been told it’s cause they have Arbroath on Saturday

On 10/03/2019 at 21:12, BlueSister said:

I hope we can persuade Faz to stay at the end of the season cause I don't know who else of any calibre would agree to manage a team on such a small budget in front of such a low attendance.

A bit early for my birthday, but Faz has signed for another two years.  If you wish hard enough...!

Rumour on our thread that we're bringing in Stuart Millar as Director of Football. How would you rate his time in a similar role at Stranraer? From the outside looking in it seems like he did a decent enough job given the money problems last season but I could be off the mark.

17 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Rumour on our thread that we're bringing in Stuart Millar as Director of Football. How would you rate his time in a similar role at Stranraer? From the outside looking in it seems like he did a decent enough job given the money problems last season but I could be off the mark.

Lucky beggars if you are!!

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Car54wherareyou said:

PotS for Stranraer,surely between Max Currie,Kyle Turner or Conor McManus,any other names or is it this 3.

Wouldn't begrudge any of the three.

McManus has been outstanding but his form dipped mid-season. KT is probably the best prospect, but for me Max has been the most consistent game-changer.

Seconded. A two-horse race for me between Turner and Currie. I think I would probably go for Max in what has been his first full season in the team. In that respect, I don't think we have really missed Belford. That said, I think it is a big job for someone to fill Turner's boots next season.

What a difference 2 ball playing centre backs have made to the team ,no hoofball missing out the midfield

Exactly what I was thinking. Have been disappointed with a lot of the football this season as it has been total hoof ball from the defence which has been totally missing out the midfield . But yesterday’s football was good to watch with good passing from back to front. Plus the ball was kept on the deck which was nice to see. Was impressed with Mc Manus at CB as he was very calm on the ball and didn’t just blooter it up the pitch . Thought the whole team played well yesterday . Hammill had a bit of a mistake for their second but he came on to a better game in the second half. Will be gutted if Farrell changes the centre backs for the last few games.