The Bandstand Thread - Stranraer FC 2018-19

Clyde have signed Ross Lyon, how was he for Stranraer 

Nothing spectacular, arrived at the club as we were cutting costs and got rid of most of experienced players, so not the best time for a young player.
Clyde might be a better environment for him.

1 hour ago, Mattmc said:

Will be a season of mixed fortunes I’d say. On what I’ve seen so far play-offs would be an excellent achievement.
If we can get Layne fit we might kick on a bit as at the minute we’re a bit short. Think Donnelly and Layne could form a good partnership.
With Hammil shoehorned into the team every week I think we’ll concede a lot of goals. Makes some great block but then undoes good work by getting caught on the ball, out of position or diving in.
Concerning thing on Saturday was one we conceded it felt as if the players had accepted that was it, game over.
Plenty of ups and downs to come I’d suspect.

Just clocked this on the Alloa thread. No idea if it's news to you guys or not.

http://www.alloaadvertiser.com/news/16690494.former-alloa-fc-player-convicted-of-sexual-assault/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
12 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

Thoughts on Luke Donnelly?

I think the best way to describe him would be the old cliche "good touch for a big man". I think with the ball at his feet Luke is up there with the best in this division. In that respect, you only need to look at his goal up at Gayfield earlier in the season. His technique is second to none and you can tell he has been coached at a higher level (Celtic). However, he perhaps lacks the engine that other players around him possess. Similarly, for a big guy, he's not as dominant in the air as perhaps you would want. A fine player and someone who will carve out chances but he's not an out-and-out striker. More of a number ten, I think.