The Bandstand Thread - Stranraer FC 2018-19

7 hours ago, Moonball said:

Giuliano was a bit of a fan favourite.

100% effort and a great attitude, chases everything. Honest hard working guy, always thought of him as a lower league Kante. Plenty of dig, good passer of the ball, not afraid to shoot from distance.

Was a casualty of the change in management and found his chances limited. Glad to see him back.

I was looking forward to him getting more play time, tough tackler not slow, good vision ,and very rarely passes a bad ball. honest hard working midfielder in my opinion.

7 hours ago, Moonball said:

Giuliano was a bit of a fan favourite.

100% effort and a great attitude, chases everything. Honest hard working guy, always thought of him as a lower league Kante. Plenty of dig, good passer of the ball, not afraid to shoot from distance.

Was a casualty of the change in management and found his chances limited. Glad to see him back.

who has he trialed for.

Edited by thomas 62
duplicate

Would have to echo some of the thoughts above. Tough tackling, gives 100 per cent but not just a ball winner. Can pick a pass, although that's not necessarily to say he is going to set up 10-15 goals a season. Was part of the team under Brian Reid but I don't think he got a minute under Stevie Farrell. Really nice guy and best of luck to him at Brechin.

On 6/29/2018 at 23:08, BlueSister said:

Wow!  So far we've played 2 out of 6 friendlies, tried out some triallists, the team have more or less all met each other...and the negativity has started already.  How about giving them a chance (quarter of a season maybe) before expressing doubts?  Or even wait till March, as that's when the season starts to pan out?  We have this every year and, even after all the upheaval in January, we still were knocking at the door of the play-offs, out-performing our budget and our gate!

It counts for nothing (for all the same reasons...too early to tell) but I've watched both friendlies.  There is a fair bit of experience, a lot of passion, a lot of youth and energy...and Faz!  I'm quite excited for what is going to be an interesting season ahead.

I asked some of the players if they read P&B.  They said no, it can be soul-destroying!

Chin up, Beefy...it's not like you!

Well,  it's all good scoring armfuls against Newton Stewart, Cumbernauld, Dunragit.......

But 0-2  to Stirling, and 1-3 against Ayr isn't so wonderful. 

Time was, this could be discussed intelligently on the unofficial forum, without someone immediately 

lapsing into the "You're so negative....".

Alternatively, friendlies are used for fitness and not prizes.  I'm not going to lose any sleep over losing games that, at the end of the day, mean absolutely zero to whether this season is a success or not.

How's Isaac settling in ? I hope he does okay there's a player in there but he's not a team player . 

It was a long hard season for him last year . Up front alone no one helping him . 

His best game was a 30 minute cameo at Parkhead he ran Celtic defence ragged and was unlucky not to score a couple .

He ll find a team someday and hit it off .

On 7/15/2018 at 21:22, CITY1974 said:

How's Isaac settling in ? I hope he does okay there's a player in there but he's not a team player . 

It was a long hard season for him last year . Up front alone no one helping him . 

His best game was a 30 minute cameo at Parkhead he ran Celtic defence ragged and was unlucky not to score a couple .

He ll find a team someday and hit it off .

It is obviously very early days but he was superb on Saturday. Motherwell were out of sorts but he bullied Kipre and Hartley. Scored a goal and almost set up another. As I say, early days but if he can get close to that form most weeks then it is looking good.

4 hours ago, TAFKAC said:

It is obviously very early days but he was superb on Saturday. Motherwell were out of sorts but he bullied Kipre and Hartley. Scored a goal and almost set up another. As I say, early days but if he can get close to that form most weeks then it is looking good.

That's him down too a tee , St Mirren and Utd toiled to control him last season but against so called weaker teams he just was nt with it .Really hope he does well

On 7/26/2018 at 22:47, Moonball said:

Must say, they all looked like they were treating it like a kickabout, no shape, little indication of desire...well, maybe  some from Clyde.

Small clubs getting  a few extra quids in. Big clubs , mostly, running over smaller clubs as some extra pre-season tuning up.

And the sponsor's name splattered all over this pile of ....... 

Does the Scottish League Cup deserve better than this.  

Edited by beefybake

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

There is an article on my website with Jackson Longridge which I conducted on behalf of the Official Dunfermline Athletic Football Club Match-Day Programme. 

Jackson spoke about his career to date, including how Stranraer helped him find his feet and kick start his career. 

Thanks, 

All the Best for the season! :thumsup2

• 2 weeks later...
So , fans of the toon , the  3 best teams in the league , two of our “same as” clubs 
2 defeats , a win and a pair of draws 
how are we doing  .? 

Will be a season of mixed fortunes I’d say. On what I’ve seen so far play-offs would be an excellent achievement.
If we can get Layne fit we might kick on a bit as at the minute we’re a bit short. Think Donnelly and Layne could form a good partnership.
With Hammil shoehorned into the team every week I think we’ll concede a lot of goals. Makes some great block but then undoes good work by getting caught on the ball, out of position or diving in.
Concerning thing on Saturday was one we conceded it felt as if the players had accepted that was it, game over.
Plenty of ups and downs to come I’d suspect.