The Bandstand Thread - Stranraer FC 2018-19

It may just be a case of Stranraer now cutting their cloth to suit. After all the sh*te mid season, clearing out a few players to survive the season, they may know have a greatly reduced budget based on projected incomings.
Happy to have gotten a player who the offloading team rates for a change rather than the usual "he's sh*te" patter.

No surprise if only 200-300 can be bothered to go with no black and white pound next season. First half of season we had 300-500 at home games then it dropped considerably. Town doesnt give a shit. Most of them prefer to pretend they are old firm fans when infact they havent been passed cairnryan in their lives.

Latest rumour is we're after Jamie Hamill? 

Devided opinion at Stair Park. Personally thought he was awful at right back but steady enough at centre back.

Thought he’d of offered a bit more given the level he’d played at before but was nothing spectacular.

Neither up nor down if he does move on.

Agree skiblue.

Think the budget will be reigned in but I am sure SF and SM will unearth a couple of gems for us!!!!

Hopefully get some positive news soon on new players coming into the club.

The budget isn’t helped by those who stay away from Stair Park.

Never quiet understood their mentality of not supporting their home town club.

Hey ho for those of us that do ...

KEEP THE FAITH

CMON THE BLUES.

On 07/05/2018 at 19:13, airdrieman said:

Latest rumour is we're after Jamie Hamill? 

I'll drive him to Airdrie myself.

Although he did score one of the best own goals I've ever seen, and still got man of the match.

6 hours ago, BlueandWhite1870 said:

new signings and players being re-signed to be announced when the ink is dry on the contracts.....next few days a clearer picture will be known.

Looking forward to the announcements to see what direction faz and Stuart Millar are going. Always a interesting time of the year 

Mon blue 

As much as I disliked hamill in many games this season. Think he will be good for us next season. He played better at centre half with Neil. Would of liked turner being captain but hamill has big shoes to fill after robbo leaving. 

Probably in the minority here but Hamill was a major disappointment this season.

The amount of times he failed to track back from right back was scary. Up against a good winger he was a walking booking.

A bit more competent at centre back but not captain material.

Really disappointed with this.

if this sets the bar for this summers signings I’d say relegation is imminent.

Agnew isn’t a loss, he’ll probably go junior and see out a couple of years he has left. If he had two feet he could of still played at this level.

Neil is a loss. Will probably find another club at this level prepared to pay more than we’re offering this season. Can’t blame him for that. That’s down to our own problems.

Thompson was an Aitken signing, one of the ones that signed before he changed his mind and went to Dumbarton. Always felt for Thompson as the players who were due to arrive after him had the making of a league wining team. Unfortunately that’s the circles football moves in. Probably never saw the best of Ryan but he was ok. Don’t think he’s irreplaceable though.

Not a great start but, to be expected if we’re cutting things this season.