The Bandstand Thread - Stranraer FC 2018-19

What position does this Robertson fella play?

Best at right back, can play centre back or centre mid. Hard as nails, gives everything. Hates Brian Reid. Better than Airdrie. I’m drunk. I’m upset.

Gutted ROBBO away tbh.

One of my favourite players over the years.

100 % commitment every game.

A sore one to take as he will be missed.

In SF I trust.!!!!!!

Hope we get a few on board soon.

KEEP THE FAITH

CMON THE BLUES.

Best at right back, can play centre back or centre mid. Hard as nails, gives everything. Hates Brian Reid. Better than Airdrie. I’m drunk. I’m upset.

I suspect if he was “better than Airdrie” he wouldn’t be signing for us. It would also seem strange that he’d stay at Stranraer for 5 years if he was “better than Airdrie”. I’m prepared to be proved wrong though.

He’ll almost definitely be better than the defenders we’ve been subjected to over the past few seasons in any case.

53 minutes ago, Spanish Armada said:

Least he’ll have a winners medal at the end of the season not getting relegated

You can't move for winners medals at the moment up in Airdrie, they're swimming in them.

Input from Stuart Millar on Robbo’s departure:

‘Although I don't wish to respond to every question, rumour etc. I feel it's only right to be as transparent as we possibly can be and let you know that Scott was offered the best possible deal to remain at our club but unfortunately has decided to go elsewhere and will join a fellow league 1 club. Scott was keen to remain at Stranraer but financially we couldn't and wouldn't compete against the terms being offered elsewhere. Naturally we wish Scott the best of luck and thank him for the sterling service he has given to the club. We now move on.’

16 minutes ago, Clayhole Blue said:

Input from Stuart Millar on Robbo’s departure...

Scott was keen to remain at Stranraer but financially we couldn't and wouldn't compete against the terms being offered...

Translated:  Airdrie offering really good money...?

Airdrie full-time or part-time?....thought they were full time at beginning of season
god knows the step up for the season just gone,think it was full-time untill the new board came in then it was changed to a more part-time based outlook.

we will be part time next season

10 minutes ago, bishopburn boy said:

or Stranraer , not betting on a cup run this year and offering fairly Sh*tE  money ?

Stuart Millar was on our fb page suggesting the former.   

Edited by Airdrie1977