The Bandstand Thread - Stranraer FC 2018-19

2 hours ago, Moonball said:

Not surprised that WOODS has gone.

Neither am I with OKOH and DIV.

Wish them all the best whatever they do and for the future.

Alloa have signed TROUTEN I see.

I also see Derek Lyle has left QOS.

Think he may be out of our budget range.

Whatever happens I have great faith in FAZ and SM to deliver us some good players.

Agree two good strikers would be nice!!!!!

Looking forward to seeing what develops.

KEEP THE FAITH

CMON THE BLUES

Not surprised that WOODS has gone.
Neither am I with OKOH and DIV.
Wish them all the best whatever they do and for the future.
Alloa have signed TROUTEN I see.
I also see Derek Lyle has left QOS.
Think he may be out of our budget range.

Think Lyle would be a real good signing for this league. I’m not holding out much hope of us signing him though, as you say out of our budget.

Are we due a couple of new kits this season? By my reckoning we've had two seasons out of the Home and third kits. Bit bored of the Stanno stuff and think we've probably exercised most of their templates during our time with them.

Understand the loyalty if there's a good relationship with the supplier and it's value for money for the club, but I need something to moan about.

2 hours ago, Mattmc said:

Are we due a couple of new kits this season? By my reckoning we've had two seasons out of the Home and third kits. Bit bored of the Stanno stuff and think we've probably exercised most of their templates during our time with them.

Understand the loyalty if there's a good relationship with the supplier and it's value for money for the club, but I need something to moan about.

I'm thinking it'll be two new ones.

As soon as they're released they'll be available on the online club shop, so hopefully that'll boost sales a bit.

Like you I'm hoping for something a bit different, although for me the last templates were the best we've had from Stanno.

Edited by Moonball

17 hours ago, The chessman said:

Sorry to see woods going obviously he didn’t fit into Stevie’s kick and rush type football

How did the giants of Kyle Turner, Scott Agnew and Angus Beith cope?

9 hours ago, Moonball said:

Sad to see the pair go to Motherwell as i was looking forward to watching them both with 1st team next season but good luck to them both. Bright futures ahead. 

Robbo’s departure confirmed by the man himself on Facebook!

‘Probably not the most conventional way for it to come out but unfortunately i will be leaving. Ive had a great 5 years at the club and want to thank all the fans, management and players ive played with. To be captain of stranraer was an absolute pleasure even though it was only from january onwards. Genuinely its been the best 5 years of my career here and ive loved every minute but sometimes things happen in football and you need to move on. Its been class! Thanks for having me [emoji1598]’

Shite news! Either the manager or committees mismanagement to blame for this.
Best player the last few seasons walking, his commitment second to none, thought he was here for life. Not many players have played with heart and fight for Stranraer that Robbo did, only one I can think of in recent years would Alan Jenkins.
Thanks Robbo.