The Bandstand Thread - Stranraer FC 2018-19

Up-to-date thread to avoid confusion with the previous one.

A couple of updates to kick us off - Kyle Turner off to West Brom for trials tomorrow.

Also we have a friendly against our lovely neighbours at Palmerston in early July.

Faz, Stuart Millar and the committee have started planning for next season already and the gaffer will start talking to players on Tuesday.

Who would you keep, who would you ship out? Would you look to sign any of the players we have had on loan? Will Brian Martin return the shirt that he pinched yesterday?

All thought and updates here...

2 hours ago, Clayhole Blue said:

Up-to-date thread to avoid confusion with the previous one

A couple of updates to kick us off - Kyle Turner off to West Brom for trials tomorrow.

Will Brian Martin return the shirt that he pinched yesterday?

All thought and updates here...

We will be after Ronaldo, inniesta, and Gareth bale , paid for from the Turner billions 

Keep-Currie,Hammil,Robertson, Neil, McGowan,Agnew,Thomson,Elliot,Gray ,Scott ,Lyon if released by Rangers,McPherson if released by St Mirren ,Dykes if released by Ross County, Hawkshaw if released by Kilmarnock.Anderson  and Turner still under contract. Ship out- Okoh,Barron ,Woods.Signings needed-experienced centre half,commanding centre midfielder and 3 strikers

Am I the only one who would keep Okoh (if we can get him cheaply enough, with strikers being hard to come by)?  I know he hasn't delivered this season but I think he can be really tricky and with some more work on attitude, and a bit of confidence in front of goal, I think he could come good next year!

I agree, sadly, re Div, and am unsure re Dykes, Thommo and Woodsy.    Aggy, when he's good is very good, but had a long off period, and I believe he is costly, so would like to see new terms.  But I'd love to keep the rest.

*ducks and waits for the torrents of disagreement!

I’d like to keep Robbo, Turner, Currie, Neil and the young boys. Neither up nor down about the rest.
Stuart Miller and Faz really will have their work cut out with recruitment. Hopefully a few good loan signings again and build round that.

Don’t want to sound negative but the way the league is shaping up we could see record low attendances. Potential to have the four Angus teams and Peterhead in the league. No payday from Ayr either.

On 4/29/2018 at 21:27, BlueSister said:

Am I the only one who would keep Okoh (if we can get him cheaply enough, with strikers being hard to come by)?  I know he hasn't delivered this season but I think he can be really tricky and with some more work on attitude, and a bit of confidence in front of goal, I think he could come good next year!

*ducks and waits for the torrents of disagreement!

I pretty much agree with that.

Local goalkeeper Lyle Avicci has been released by Ayr. Wouldn’t sign anyone just for being local but could be a good back up to Currie should he sign a new deal.
Euan Brown from the south of Scotland / 20’s, was held in high regard but packed it in. Our other young keeper Craig Burns has been training with Ayr so don’t know how long he’ll be about.

On 29/04/2018 at 21:53, Mattmc said:

Don’t want to sound negative but the way the league is shaping up we could see record low attendances. Potential to have the four Angus teams and Peterhead in the league. No payday from Ayr either.

But...but...but...we've played local lad Johnny Baxter.  Surely that means people will flock back to games now?  That was the reason they never came along, wasn't it?

But...but...but...we've played local lad Johnny Baxter.  Surely that means people will flock back to games now?  That was the reason they never came along, wasn't it?

Heard the stay always are cueing up for season tickets already.

Would get rid of Barron okoh Anderson woods. 

Not sure about aggy who only really played the last 5-6 games at end of the season. 

Agree with above a would sign young lyle from ayr as back up to Currie. The lad will get great experience with Eric Philip's. 

Hopefully see more of baxter and lads from the reseverves being involed in first team duties.  Cant remember a time when so many youth lads from the under20s and reserves would even get a mention with the first team so credit to them. 

Hopefully faz and Stuart Millar can get a couple of decent strikers in asap. 

See the usual negative comments about dragging a stranraer boy to fife and leaving him on the bench have appeared again. Damned if you do damned if you dont. As faz said he cant pick a team on their postcode. Thats part and parcel of living in stranraer. U might have to go to peterhead on a tuesday night to play or sit on the bench. Knoxie and jenks did it. Not much fun but thats fitba. Just the usual small town mentality that holds the town back.

Barron very unlucky with injuries. Great servant to the club. Best game he had would arguably be the 2nd leg against Livingston. 

Okoh on the other hand I am glad to see the back of. Back down south for him as far away from stair park as possible. 

Glad to see turner impressed west brom. Exciting transfer window for Kyle. 

8 hours ago, Blue1870 said:

See the usual negative comments about dragging a stranraer boy to fife and leaving him on the bench have appeared again. .

These people could do the world a favour by leaving themselves in front of the next X75 bus.

Director of Football Stuart Miller used to work as West Broms scout in Scotland, I'm guessing this has helped play a part in the trial.  Be nice if he could mange to get a few Danny Fox type loan deals for next season.

Director of Football Stuart Miller used to work as West Broms scout in Scotland, I'm guessing this has helped play a part in the trial.  Be nice if he could mange to get a few Danny Fox type loan deals for next season.

Christ, that's going back a few years, I'd completely forgot he was loaned to Stranraer. Well Played.