Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

Can’t really understand the ‘director of football’ bit myself. Nor the rattling of the board without warning or explanation. Need someone upstairs who is going to splash some cash on the playing squad not just be content raising the drinks cabinet at the first opportunity. None of the current board seem to have the wherewithal to pump a few squid in. The point above of making a couple of grand( when the points are secured) sums it up. We need the money for players now. Step it up

It seems every other away kit is (sky) blue in recent years, although this new one feels decidedly Forfar-y. Been just one season since the previous sky blue kit, but in this case I couldn't care less as long as a lot of points are won wearing it. Hooped socks are a very nice addition, and props to the sponsor for not using their somewhat gaudy logo;

drrr2.thumb.jpg.ea0129b5e124dcbf268e5a10f3ca5e8f.jpg

Saddened to hear our long term commercial manager has left the club. This is the second member of staff that has left due to a certain director. So important to get behind Robbie and the players but the club really is in bad shape right now. 

Its reassuring to hear the son of our new director of football telling people his dad won't allow Robbie to sign anymore crap players. He nearly broke the club while he was manager and may just finish the job this time. 

3 hours ago, Disc Potato said:

Saddened to hear our long term commercial manager has left the club. This is the second member of staff that has left due to a certain director. So important to get behind Robbie and the players but the club really is in bad shape right now. 

Its reassuring to hear the son of our new director of football telling people his dad won't allow Robbie to sign anymore crap players. He nearly broke the club while he was manager and may just finish the job this time. 

As predicted. It will all end in tears. Eric Tit interviews with Robbie are going to be comedy gold this season. Director of football interviews the Manager. Lol

7 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

Eric Tit interviews with Robbie are going to be comedy gold this season. Director of football interviews the Manager. Lol

Director of football interviews manager after games, while employed by Sky. Surely a conflict of interests?

As predicted. It will all end in tears. Eric Tit interviews with Robbie are going to be comedy gold this season. Director of football interviews the Manager. Lol
Is that the guy who did the interview's after the game last year aswell.Watched quite a few of them he came across passionate about Berwick I thought.What is the deal with him is he not well thought off?

Eric Tait could not be more enthusiastic for the club. It oozes from him. 

However, his appointment as Director of Football, and that of Doug Watkin as Vice-Chair (both done it seems behind closed doors with other senior figures in the club unaware of the changes), just stinks . If there is logic to it, the Board should stop communicating in short snappy sentences and tell us.

Usual silence from our board, high fives on Facebook from Supporters club officials, grumblings from everyone else.... It is seriously pathetic.

For now we have a manager who is equally as enthusiastic as Eric, and will get on trying to galvanise a team he's  been forced to put together on the cheap. For that, we fans should be very grateful. 

Need to hope that Eric finds a way to work with Robbie (or proves that the job actually mean's zip all), otherwise this will be even messier by Christmas.

Edited by Redcar

Eric Tait could not be more enthusiastic for the club. It oozes from him. 
However, his appointment as Director of Football, and that of Doug Watkin as Vice-Chair (both done it seems behind closed doors with other senior figures in the club unaware of the changes), just stinks . If there is logic to it, the Board should stop communicating in short snappy sentences and tell us.
Usual silence from our board, high fives on Facebook from Supporters club officials, grumblings from everyone else.... It is seriously pathetic.
For now we have a manager who is equally as enthusiastic as Eric, and will get on trying to galvanise a team he's  been forced to put together on the cheap. For that, we fans should be very grateful. 
Need to hope that Eric finds a way to work with Robbie (or proves that the job actually man's zip all), otherwise this will be even messier by Christmas.

Totally agree there needs to be some explanation as to why these decisions have been made, especially the Director of Football decision, and what Eric is actually going to do. The DoF interviewing the manager is utterly ridiculous too so that needs to stop.

As for supporters club officials high fiving on Facebook, well she’s entitled to her opinion as is any fan. Don’t mistake it as an SC position.

2 hours ago, BerwickMad said:

Totally agree there needs to be some explanation as to why these decisions have been made, especially the Director of Football decision, and what Eric is actually going to do. The DoF interviewing the manager is utterly ridiculous too so that needs to stop.

As for supporters club officials high fiving on Facebook, well she’s entitled to her opinion as is any fan. Don’t mistake it as an SC position.

I'm about to renew my membership of the SC and the ST and have recently purchased another 50 shares in the club. You might think that one of these outlets might try to explain the following 

a) Doug Watkins leapfrogging John Bell to become Vice-Chair, b) did JB know, and if not, is that constitutional outside of an AGM/EGM (I guess it is, but it seems more like power grab than democracy), c) what is the Director of Football's role, d) did the manager know of the appointment, e) what is it all meant to achieve?

Other than the minimalist club statement confirming it is a done deal, I've heard nowt from the 3 organisations of which I'm a member. Living 100 miles away prevents me from playing an active role in these organisations, but they absolutely should talk to their members on issues as radical as this.

I am a friend of Eric Tait, occasionally communicate with the manager, and frequent the Curfew Micropub whose patron has his own contacts in the town. It is utterly ridiculous - and potentially inaccurate - that I get 95% of my info from these sources, and virtually shag all from the organisations mentioned.

Any chance the ST, SC and club can make a clear statement to the people who pay into their coffers? And maybe start talking constructively to each other as well as their members?

For some years the club's internal politics has raised its head after another pish season. For it to happen - without explanation -  in July, is embarrassing.

8 hours ago, mo83 said:

Is that the guy who did the interview's after the game last year aswell.Watched quite a few of them he came across passionate about Berwick I thought.What is the deal with him is he not well thought off?

Eric Tait is a club legend: as a player record appearances and record goalscorer. He also managed the club for a few seasons in the mid-1980s but after narrowly missing-out on promotion the first year it was bottom 1, 2 or 3 finishes for about 4 seasons... He managed on in local football for a while after that, IIRC.

Done plenty else at the club over the years - including match reports, and currently conveys the incident-by-incident updates for the online feeds/vidiprinter/etc., plus does the BRFC TV interviews. He also became a club director last year, IIRC. No questions of his passion and interest.

Nevertheless I doubt many foresaw him becoming DoF under a year after Horne became manager - and without details on the arrangements, it's a potentially strange dynamic to have an ex-manager, director and media person taking on a post which usually sits above a manager. Illustrated by scenarios like interviewing the manager or players at FT - it could be pretty awkward after a defeat or a poor performance.