Who do you want - ups and downs.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Raith took a gamble by splashing the cash to try gain promotion this season and it looks like it could fail in spectacular fashion! Strong rumours would suggest they will be going part time if they fail to secure promotion but we will see. I've no doubt Raith can pay bigger wages than the rest of us even if they do go part time but by a country mile? I don't know enough about there finances or others teams budgets for next season to say that, esp since they have tapped into next season's budget this season all ready. Going part time will level the playing field in terms of fitness and players not benefiting from ft training.

Raith took a gamble by splashing the cash to try gain promotion this season and it looks like it could fail in spectacular fashion! Strong rumours would suggest they will be going part time if they fail to secure promotion but we will see. I've no doubt Raith can pay bigger wages than the rest of us even if they do go part time but by a country mile? I don't know enough about there finances or others teams budgets for next season to say that, esp since they have tapped into next season's budget this season all ready. Going part time will level the playing field in terms of fitness and players not benefiting from ft training.

[emoji23]

Talking about us splashing the cash followed by you saying that you don’t know much about our finances, all in a post about you thinking we’re going part-time because of our finances..? [emoji23][emoji23]

[emoji23]

Talking about us splashing the cash followed by you saying that you don’t know much about our finances, all in a post about you thinking we’re going part-time because of our finances..? [emoji23][emoji23]
I can only go with what Rovers boys at work are saying and what I read on here but I get what yer saying ????

If we don’t go up I’m happy enough in the Angus league. I can see Dumbarton winning the play offs and Peterhead coming up from the league below.

Now in fantasyland Rovers to win the play offs and East Fife to be spared another 4 defeats.

#30years

If we don’t go up I’m happy enough in the Angus league. I can see Dumbarton winning the play offs and Peterhead coming up from the league below.

Now in fantasyland Rovers to win the play offs and East Fife to be spared another 4 defeats.

#30years

I’d fancy Alloa after seeing Dumbarton to be honest.

I’d fancy Alloa after seeing Dumbarton to be honest.

I wont hear a word against Dumbo. I backed a Roma (13/8) Dumbarton (3/1) double on Wednesday and thanks to Kaiser Mango BeckenBarr (the red card cheat) it came in. Yasssss!

Take it there wasn’t much in it and Alloa are the better prospect?

5 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I wont hear a word against Dumbo. I backed a Roma (13/8) Dumbarton (3/1) double on Wednesday and thanks to Kaiser Mango BeckenBarr (the red card cheat) it came in. Yasssss!

There was a few fans on our bus who cashed in on a similar bet - 1 even had Calum Gallagher to score first and Dumbarton to win 2-1. f**k knows where they got their confidence from.

There was very little in it and I expect there will be very little in the final regardless of who gets there.  Alloa's form has them as favourites for me though.

Just thought Dumbarton would be better than they were, but they seem pretty similar to ourselves and Alloa too and just with the run Alloa are on at the moment id fancy them to take it. Even if it is us in the final

There was a few fans on our bus who cashed in on a similar bet - 1 even had Calum Gallagher to score first and Dumbarton to win 2-1. f**k knows where they got their confidence from.
There was very little in it and I expect there will be very little in the final regardless of who gets there.  Alloa's form has them as favourites for me though.

We are much better away from the Gayf, so would not surprised if we got a result tomorrow, but Alloa have had a good end of season, think Alloa would be favourites in the final whoever gets there

4 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Just thought Dumbarton would be better than they were

Genuinely don't know how considering everyone was telling you otherwise. I think some fans in League 1 over-rate the Championship, it's a good league but we're still a part time team and working from the same market of players Alloa and Arbroath are. And we've been getting horsed silly for weeks now.

2 minutes ago, ecto said:

We are much better away from the Gayf, so would not surprised if we got a result tomorrow, but Alloa have had a good end of season, think Alloa would be favourites in the final whoever gets there

Don't doubt any of that to be honest. I would hope we don't get complacent tomorrow, it's far from over.

Don't doubt any of that to be honest. I would hope we don't get complacent tomorrow, it's far from over.

Nah, get complacent, fill yer boots [emoji6]

On 5/1/2018 at 17:08, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Seems like only Airdrie fans want the QP around. This is a crushing thread. :unsure:

You think no-one likes you?  Even the board admin doesn't want us here....

:lol:

image.png.77908cedd28c56cece30e7a55d1bc4f6.png

If it was a sure thing that Raith were going to go Part Time if they stay down, then obviously I would want to keep them in this division, Arbroath I would like to keep as well as the last result aside, we absolutely own them, that would leave a Dumbarton v Alloa final and I would be fine with either of them being in League One, although Alloa is easier to get to!!!
Coming up its obviously got to be Peterhead and the return of the "Red Pudding Derby" it's one of the highlights of the footballing calendar and the gift that keeps on giving, six points each every time, they always win at the Nue Bayview and we always win up there, simples!!!

Looking good so far!!!

On 04/05/2018 at 00:37, east fife for life said:

How do you know that ? Rumours, Chinese whispers, we sell early bird  tickets every season  so no surprises there. Can you tell us how do you know we have dipped into next years budget?

Archived