Who do you want - ups and downs.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope Raith go up so there's no full-time team in the league. Queen's Park to stay up - can walk there from my house, some good pubs nearby and they're not Stenny who always beat us. Not enamoured at all by Stirling Albion. Peterhead is a trek but a good away day at least although have been there plenty of times recently.

12 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Seems like only Airdrie fans want the QP around. This is a crushing thread. :unsure:

I'm sure that most Stranraer fans will want to see QP stay up cos things are looking a bit bleak in terms of away days for us. No Ayr or Albion Rovers next season, both of which can be reached relatively easily.

One good thing though is that this division should be very competitive if Raith go up, with no established teams from the top 2 divisions to compete against. In the last 5 seasons or so we've had Dunfermline, Morton, Rangers, Raith and Livingston. Not sure if Dumbarton would qualify as an established Championship side, they have been up there for a few seasons but thinking further back I think they spent most of the time previous to that in the bottom 2 divisions.

On 4/30/2018 at 10:52, The Moonster said:

Just won the league and still utterly raging that Dumbarton finished above you last season. Delicious.

Nah, lucky for you the worst team ever played in the same league as your shit team.

55 minutes ago, scott666 said:

I'm sure that most Stranraer fans will want to see QP stay up cos things are looking a bit bleak in terms of away days for us. No Ayr or Albion Rovers next season, both of which can be reached relatively easily.

One good thing though is that this division should be very competitive if Raith go up, with no established teams from the top 2 divisions to compete against. In the last 5 seasons or so we've had Dunfermline, Morton, Rangers, Raith and Livingston. Not sure if Dumbarton would qualify as an established Championship side, they have been up there for a few seasons but thinking further back I think they spent most of the time previous to that in the bottom 2 divisions.

Is Stranraer’s 150th not due soon?

Is Stranraer’s 150th not due soon?

2020. Founded in 1870. We’re marking the event by blowing all profit made in previous seasons. Are low paid players will be on £18.70 a month and highest earners on £20.20.

10 minutes ago, Mattmc said:

2020. Founded in 1870. We’re marking the event by blowing all profit made in previous seasons. Are low paid players will be on £18.70 a month and highest earners on £20.20.

We've had players in the past that weren't worth those amounts.

I'd like to see Raith go up. F/T time, terrible away day - cheeribye.

Arbroath is a good away day and the, almost weekly, Angus Derby "banter" should be quite phenomenal.

Alloa - should among the  favourties which doesn't seem as insurmountable as turning over Raith. Shite away day but easy enough to get to.

Dumbarton is a straight train ride from Airdrie and always scope to stop in the town for a beer.

I'd also like to see QP stay up. I hate Hampden, and a 1/50th full hampden is worse.  However, a few beers in town and the chance to sing "Airdrie's on there way to Hampden".

Stenny - an unpopular opinion, but I've only been once since the weans started going to this particular fixture.  Stacks of screaming weans coupled with a crammed social club makes for a truly awful day.

Stirling - never forgive them for bumfucking us out of the playoff's. With us and Dumbo in the same league, there's more than enough lego grounds already. No thanks.

Peterhead - as much as I enjoy the trip up there - Angus provides more than enough travel this year.

23 hours ago, Mattmc said:

They’ll be able to buy 4 teas and 3 pies at Hampden for that kind of wad. How the other half live, eh?

2 minutes ago, Diamond Oracle said:

Raith to win the Championship play offs and Queens Park to win the League 1 play offs please and thanks x

You do knpw that Raith are 2-0 down after the first leg of the play-off semi, aye?

Archived