Relegation to/promotion from the Feeder Leagues

Dev

Is this the right time for The Lowland League to take, urgently, the initiative?

From  SSFL – The Future

Hossy87

Realistically and if common sense prevails. 

SOSFL level remains at T6 and invitationsare made to junior clubs. 

They will form a me a league and any licensed club is given first refusl to join at the level.  Any SOSFL team without a license is given this season to become licensed and join the setup. From there the juniors form a queue..... whether that makes a 20 team league or what means a fair way to progress for all.

After all, any SOSFL club has been involved and has had the opportunity to become licensed and offers to the lowland league ifthey are successful. Why should a new comer be given priority over the league thag are already within the setup?

I am sure the SOSFL would be happy to accommodate any new prospective members.  

Dev

I agree.

The SOSFL would need to reconsider their £2,000 deposit scheme for new clubs though.

If enough clubs from outside Dumfries and Galloway were interested then the league could be split, next season, into parallel Dumfries & Galloway and West of Scotland districts with the highest placed licenced club in both divisions playing off for the right to play off against the champions of the EOSFL for a place in the Lowland League. This may mean that it isn't the Champions of either division but slightly lower placed clubs instead - otherwise you could have unlicenced clubs permanently blocking promotion!

The play off with the EOSFL champions wouldn't be needed if the Lowland League agrees to a second relegation/promotion spot with its' feeder leagues. One for the east and one for the west. Indeed , if the Lowland League went as far as stating now that it is willing to do this in order to help progress in its' feeder leagues you may find that those West Juniors which have, so far, held back, may be prepared to make the move to a west division of the SOSFL?

If the SOSFL chose it could either maintain two regional divisions or it could form a premier and a first division after the end of 2018/19. New teams could then apply for the Western division, with additional divisions created below that, if required, or for the lower division of a league where all clubs cover the whole of the south and west of Scotland. The first option would be the one that makes more sense though.

6 hours ago, Dev said:

Is this the right time for The Lowland League to take, urgently, the initiative?

From  SSFL – The Future

Hossy87

Realistically and if common sense prevails. 

SOSFL level remains at T6 and invitationsare made to junior clubs. 

They will form a me a league and any licensed club is given first refusl to join at the level.  Any SOSFL team without a license is given this season to become licensed and join the setup. From there the juniors form a queue..... whether that makes a 20 team league or what means a fair way to progress for all.

After all, any SOSFL club has been involved and has had the opportunity to become licensed and offers to the lowland league ifthey are successful. Why should a new comer be given priority over the league thag are already within the setup?

I am sure the SOSFL would be happy to accommodate any new prospective members.  

Dev

I agree.

The SOSFL would need to reconsider their £2,000 deposit scheme for new clubs though.

If enough clubs from outside Dumfries and Galloway were interested then the league could be split, next season, into parallel Dumfries & Galloway and West of Scotland districts with the highest placed licenced club in both divisions playing off for the right to play off against the champions of the EOSFL for a place in the Lowland League. This may mean that it isn't the Champions of either division but slightly lower placed clubs instead - otherwise you could have unlicenced clubs permanently blocking promotion!

The play off with the EOSFL champions wouldn't be needed if the Lowland League agrees to a second relegation/promotion spot with its' feeder leagues. One for the east and one for the west. Indeed , if the Lowland League went as far as stating now that it is willing to do this in order to help progress in its' feeder leagues you may find that those West Juniors which have, so far, held back, may be prepared to make the move to a west division of the SOSFL?

If the SOSFL chose it could either maintain two regional divisions or it could form a premier and a first division after the end of 2018/19. New teams could then apply for the Western division, with additional divisions created below that, if required, or for the lower division of a league where all clubs cover the whole of the south and west of Scotland. The first option would be the one that makes more sense though.

A decent idea but is it not like turkeys voting for Xmas...as the majority of teams in the league are founder member's I find it a bit rich after all the ridicule the lowland league took at the beginning we should now be jumping to the demands of the juniors, also if we say had Edinburgh city losing to cove rangers in a play off to gain div 2 entrance would that mean 3 clubs being relegated to accommodate Edinburgh city

Archived