Alloa Integrity

A massive well done to Jim Goodwin and his team for playing the best team he could in the last 2 games against us and Raith , he could have rested players for play offs and made the championship very interesting , magnificent result today and well played last week , I hope you win the play offs 

unlike Arbroath who shafted Albion rovers by their worst performance all season ...but it was their right i suppose and not the first to do it 

Although we didn't actually field our best team but they were playing for places and were up for it . and the fringe players we have are good players in their own right.

9 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Which game were you at? Surely supporting your team at Starks?

just going by the opinions of most of the Arbroath fans , straight from the horses mouth so to speak , what is queens previous results against Arbroath as an example  ?

13 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

just going by the opinions of most of the Arbroath fans , straight from the horses mouth so to speak , what is queens previous results against Arbroath as an example  ?

You can all say what you want but Arbroath players were told to "throw today" as convincingly as possible  (whereismillar 17 hours ago).   Where did you get this information? Did you make it up straight from the horse's mouth again?

11 minutes ago, Velvet Donkey said:

You can all say what you want but Arbroath players were told to "throw today" as convincingly as possible  (whereismillar 17 hours ago).   Where did you get this information? Did you make it up straight from the horse's mouth again?

No that comment is my opinion .. your point ?

1 minute ago, whereismillar said:

That you comment was not clear. You seemed to suggest knowledge of some sort of instruction or combined will, but I see you have revealed this to us all on the strength of some sour comments from one or two Arbroath supporters on the match forum.

7 minutes ago, Velvet Donkey said:

That you comment was not clear. You seemed to suggest knowledge of some sort of instruction or combined will, but I see you have revealed this to us all on the strength of some sour comments from one or two Arbroath supporters on the match forum.

yes i have "revealed"  my opinion on this  i did not mention i had a source or alluded to it , it seems clear to me , i do not deny queens played well yesterday, i have seen you guys perform very well against us this season , Good luck in the playoffs, (you can pull up another one of my posts to confirm i have said this already if you like ) ;)

unlike Arbroath who shafted Albion rovers by their worst performance all season ...but it was their right i suppose and not the first to do it 
Although we didn't actually field our best team but they were playing for places and were up for it . and the fringe players we have are good players in their own right.

yes i have "revealed"  my opinion on this  i did not mention i had a source or alluded to it , it seems clear to me , i do not deny queens played well yesterday, i have seen you guys perform very well against us this season , Good luck in the playoffs, (you can pull up another one of my posts to confirm i have said this already if you like ) [emoji6]

Did Arbroath let your coupon down yesterday or something?

15 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Did Arbroath let your coupon down yesterday or something?

No .looking at things from a wee rovers perspective..

Did Alloa let your coupon down yesterday?

If QP can beat a team vying for the championship so convincingly  then they should have no problems dispatching any team who are looking at winning promotion to the first, makes sense  doesn't it ?

Yes well done Alloa and I'm only saying that through the bitter salty tears of a fan of a team who were shafted for a play off place once by Brechin City, who fielded 9 kids, the tea lady and a dug in a League game to screw us over, once they were safe in a Playoff spot, so glad to see them benefit from it so well with their showing in the championship!! [emoji23]

It's ok I'm over it now!!!

Fair play to Goodwin for sending a strong team out both weeks. Probably got his wish as might fancy his chances more against Raith than Dumbarton. It also deprives Raith of their free pass to the final as Alloa won’t roll over like Arbroath

The comments weren’t sour, they were honest opinions, not meaning to put down the QP performance in any way

We’ve watched that team play around 40 times this season remember, yesterday they just went through the motions, not at it at all and deservedly pumped

If it was Ayr or Raith we were playing like that yesterday it could’ve been even uglier

Yup, very professional by Alloa

I know most Rovers’ fans are on a downer but hopefully our team won’t be for the play offs. Not a great deal between the four sides, you would probably class us and Dumbarton as the two best on paper but throw in Dumbartons recent form and the possible hangover from our last day and it’s a pretty level playing field

3 hours ago, mikedafc said:

Alloa keeper was man of the match from the reports I've seen and Raith hit the post in the last minute

Parry did really well true !  It was 3 -1 to alloa for woodwork what if goals though. but Raith were unlucky on a couple of occasions..

It just goes to show that even though at 2:55pm yesterday, the thought of Alloa getting 3rd was about as unlikely as it gets, given the permutations for it to happen. With that in mind, no one would have raised at eyebrow at Alloa making half a dozen changes with Wednesday in mind..., and the consequence being them getting pumped.

Yet, Goodwin who, like him or hate him, is someone who is a hardy b*****d physically as well as mentally and he sent those boys out there and told them to battle for every single ball. To not go into the first leg off a defeat. Probably a part of him thought that even though it was a very long shot, he might just get third IF Arbroath unimaginably lost. 

The professionalism of him and his players shone through and he got his rewards. Respect the hell out of the man for that. 

Archived