Elgin City 2018/19

15 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Same defence! How is it going to be different? Same players organised by the same coach, interested to hear thoughts because I don’t get it.

I'll spin that around. I'm generally  happy with Bronsky, McHardy and Cooper. Yes, we're sitting with minus whatever goals, however it's down to the fact we don't score goals.  I haven't got a programme at hand to check our scorers but looking at BBC website, McHardy is joint top scorer with Soapy (excluding S***e) with 7, Bronsky has 2, whereas McLeish has 4, Hester's on 2 and Morrison 5.

For 49 against 66.  We have scored more goals than the other teams in the bottom 6 but only the bottom 2 have conceded more, with Albion only 3 more. Our goal difference is only better than the bottom 2. Nothing against the players individually but as a defensive unit they are not good enough. The second half on Saturday was a clear example, they were pulled all over the place out of position and a half fit Mcallister took them to the cleaners. The whole team as a defensive unit is poor.

For 49 against 66.  We have scored more goals than the other teams in the bottom 6 but only the bottom 2 have conceded more, with Albion only 3 more. Our goal difference is only better than the bottom 2. Nothing against the players individually but as a defensive unit they are not good enough. The second half on Saturday was a clear example, they were pulled all over the place out of position and a half fit Mcallister took them to the cleaners. The whole team as a defensive unit is poor.
I know what you mean about them being fragile at times but I do find that is sometimes partly due to the fact there is very little defensive support from the midfield, weather that be in the centre or the wide players not tracking runs and the full backs being left exposed. The defence certainly need to tighten up though.

On 24/04/2019 at 17:25, Super Elgin City said:
On 23/04/2019 at 14:38, Thom & Gerry said:

I know what you mean about them being fragile at times but I do find that is sometimes partly due to the fact there is very little defensive support from the midfield, weather that be in the centre or the wide players not tracking runs and the full backs being left exposed. The defence certainly need to tighten up though.

individually they are all good players  but would like a brute of a centre back and mchardy pushed further forward. legs in centre mid, pace out wide and a presence up front to play alongside hester is a must

Thanks go to McGovern for his efforts but the right time to retire. Darryl might be the obvious candidate but Soapy leads by example and for me is the clear captain. What he lacks in communication compared to Darryl he makes up for in attitude and as well as being a quality player he never lets us down.

I believe Darryl is the new club captain and not just for his 200th game tomorrow. I think it's probably due to his will to win and communication that he has got it instead of Soapy. Soapy can probably count himself unlucky I would say. Good to see an Elgin lad as Captain of the Club again though, Is this the 1st time we've had that since we entered the senior ranks?

I believe Darryl is the new club captain and not just for his 200th game tomorrow. I think it's probably due to his will to win and communication that he has got it instead of Soapy. Soapy can probably count himself unlucky I would say. Good to see an Elgin lad as Captain of the Club again though, Is this the 1st time we've had that since we entered the senior ranks?

Been a hell of a time since Elgin weren’t in the senior ranks.