• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs

Interesting to read in the Northern Scot today that the team will now be training together at Laurencekirk, should prove hugely beneficial for the team to finally all be training together 

Reading Northern Scot article on Beattie, he believes that he'll be our starting CB with A. N, Other. Hmmm!  I liked Bronsky and McHardy  in those positions. Has Eadie signed on for another season?  I'd like to see our back four as Eadie, Bronsky, McHardy and Lowton.

Agree about starting Byrne more often.

I would have Beattie and Bronsky with Cooper and Lowdon as full backs. Don’t see the point of having same combinations as last year as we had one of the worst defensive records in the league. Maybe Lowdon as left mid and Mchardy left back. Not heard if Eadie or  Mchardy have signed.

1 hour ago, Thom & Gerry said:

I would have Beattie and Bronsky with Cooper and Lowdon as full backs. Don’t see the point of having same combinations as last year as we had one of the worst defensive records in the league. Maybe Lowdon as left mid and Mchardy left back. Not heard if Eadie or  Mchardy have signed.

Bronsky Beat(tie) :D.

I would go with Cooper and Lowdon at full back and Beattie with one of Darryl/Bronsky in the middle. 

McHardy definitely signed for next season unsure about Eadie.

I agree.  I thought he was more than capable of stepping up a level..I'm not really sure Forfar are up a level.

As much as I dislike Forfar he is definitely moving up a level. Not sure how you could argue that.

Is Sutherland staying with you?

Sutherland is contracted for another year.

Bronski/Beattie! Don’t know how I never saw that. Hope we get a good tune out of them!

That's the Scott Miller signing official, wearing the new EV2 tracksuit in the photo which looks brilliant, really excited to see what the new kits look like.

Pleased we are getting business done early for a change. Last year we had two defenders signed until about 4 days before the season started.

Who knows how the guys stepping up from HL/u 20s will get on but nice to see a more local squad.

And with one session in Laurencekirk (still a fair bit of travelling for both groups of players) to improve team cohesion, Shane back and hopefully a chance to see Soapy in his best position I think we have more reason to be positive than this time last year.

For the Elgin based players, one trip a week to Laurencekirk isn't too much further than the previous two trips a week to Inverness/Dingwall were and it'll be even quicker once the Aberdeen bypass opens, so sounds a good comprise to get everyone training together. 

Has anyone seen Farquhar play? We seem a bit overloaded with wingers/strikers, hope the next few signings can add some depth to the defence.

Edited by MorayCup

We have Bronsky, Cooper, Mchardy, Beattie, Lowdon and Wilson signed defenders. I would like to see a winger signed.

Quick update for anyone interested in the 92/93 campaign: we've now reached 500 signatures in support of reinstating the team of 25 years ago as Highland League champions. Thanks to everyone who has signed so far. Please keep spreading the word and sharing Champs93.com wherever possible. 

2 hours ago, Blue-Toon said:

More than Peterhead can afford it would seem. Good on the club for setting a high valuation, selling one of our star players to a direct promotion rival would be nuts 

We have the makings of a half decent squad with maybe another couple of additions. It would be mad to sell a player central to everything we do, no matter what the money offered. Peterhead getting desperate for a striker with McLean maybe away and Rory getting older and more injury prone?

Quick update for anyone interested in the 92/93 campaign: we've now reached 500 signatures in support of reinstating the team of 25 years ago as Highland League champions. Thanks to everyone who has signed so far. Please keep spreading the word and sharing Champs93.com wherever possible. 
I am certain that if Elgin had not been stripped of this title it would have been them at not Ross County that got into the league the following year.

We have the makings of a half decent squad with maybe another couple of additions. It would be mad to sell a player central to everything we do, no matter what the money offered. Peterhead getting desperate for a striker with McLean maybe away and Rory getting older and more injury prone?

McLean signed on for 2 years did he not?