Elgin City 2018/19

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't see a match thread in the Cup forum but just watched the highlights of Elgin's cup win, some really nice goals scored, especially the first and third

Edit: Forgot to add a congrats to 16 year old Owen Loveland who scored on his professional debut, transfermarkt lists him as a defender, is that accurate?

Edited by senorsoupe

• 4 weeks later...

I see Scott Miller and Ryan Farquhar have left the club and joined Forres. Disappointed to see local loons leaving but I guess they were not happy with being squad players. I don’t think Farquhar has the pace in particular to cut it at this level. Miller was a bit unlucky as we are pretty strong in the central midfield position which I think he prefers.

Leaves us a bit thin on the ground squad wise with Byrne also recently leaving. Maybe a bit of business being lined up for January? Bit worrying if not!

I see Scott Miller and Ryan Farquhar have left the club and joined Forres. Disappointed to see local loons leaving but I guess they were not happy with being squad players. I don’t think Farquhar has the pace in particular to cut it at this level. Miller was a bit unlucky as we are pretty strong in the central midfield position which I think he prefers.
Leaves us a bit thin on the ground squad wise with Byrne also recently leaving. Maybe a bit of business being lined up for January? Bit worrying if not!
I'm having recurring nightmares of Craig Beattie being played as a wide midfielder because we're so hard up for players

Seriously though, if Gavin Price isn't desperately making moves in the transfer market then I don't see him finishing off the season. Farquhar and Miller didn't have much chance to show themselves but what is our alternative now? Morrison will be due back at County soon as well. We're going to be lucky to have 11 first team players most weeks.

Disappointed that local boys have moved on, but neither were good enough. Maybe Miller was unlucky due to our midfield being our strongest point. Think I read that GP talking to extend Morrison's stay. Will Gourley go back to Dundee and McHale be first choice? That would free up a loan player spot.

20 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Hopefully play him up front instead of Mcleish. Give the boy a chance and we might get more out of him.

^^^^^^  This ^^^^

Or indeed give one of the youngsters more than 5 minutes on the pitch.

I know Mcleish gives 100% every game, but there has to be a bit more than that; some end product, and a foil for Shane.  Chris is not that player.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Rumours of Cove, Brora, Peterhead and Forfar. He will be off to the highest bidder and if that includes Elgin, he will stay.

Is he out of contract at the end of the season? If he is, then Elgin might as well get something for him now.

Guess it won't be the 20K rumoured to be on offer at the start of the season.