Elgin City 2018/19

Every time Sutherland got the ball he half got away from his man then cut back and tried to beat him properly, until he tired himself out and gave it away. Some potential in there but never really performed.

In today's Northern Scot Elgin are in talks for Shane Sutherland to be signed for a 4th spell at the club.

Young winger Conor O'Keefe has signed a 1 year deal and Tam McHale will return and start the season as Number 1.

My personal opinion on Shane is when his head is right he is a great player and it is him that is actively trying to return this time. So finally he might just feel settled and give his all to the club instead of constantly trying to work his ticket to a bigger club. If he does that he for me is one of the best players In the lower leagues.

3 hours ago, Super Elgin City said:

In today's Northern Scot Elgin are in talks for Shane Sutherland to be signed for a 4th spell at the club.

My personal opinion on Shane is when his head is right he is a great player and it is him that is actively trying to return this time. So finally he might just feel settled and give his all to the club instead of constantly trying to work his ticket to a bigger club. If he does that he for me is one of the best players In the lower leagues.

Have Elgin still got the five grand to buy him back?

No way Elgin will have a chance of signing a better player ability wise but given his record of being a problem why would the same management team he showed such disdain for take him back. Sign him again and we won’t finish bottom (maybe reason enough) but it’s asking a lot of most fans to welcome him back.

It would seem that there's been an ongoing relationship of sorts, as even when he was away to Peterhead supposedly under a cloud, he was still turning up to watch all the U20s games & sitting in the Directors' Box with Tatters & Gav & co. As I believe that somebody else has said on here, if he's now decided that he should never have left & will come back with his attitude & commitment right, & the Club is able to agree the right sort of deal from their perspective that rewards him for the good stuff, but not if he plays up,  then it's likely an opportunity to get a proven goalscorer of the ilk that it's going to be hard for the Club to find elsewhere for the sort of money that they can pay. I think that the other 'senior pros' like Daryll, Coops & Soapy would also have a big part to play in not letting him get away with any sh*t!