Elgin City 2018/19

6 minutes ago, Briggsy's Ghost said:

Can't believe another team at this level has signed Lowden tbh - weakest link all season in a very fragile defence! I like Gourley and would be happy to sign him if possible.

I was chuffed when he signed for Clyde.  Remember him as a standout for Arbroath at broadwood. Injury was a nasty one, and as a part time player maybe a longer recovery is needed. Maybe Stirling gambling on getting the best out of him now he has put the CL behind him. (Apologies if I am incorrect, I assume his issues have been form and not injury related this season)

See Jordan Lowdon is joining Stirling Albion next year. Any chance we could get Jordan Allen back as he is the better defender by far imo.

Christ it’s not a good sign if Allan is better than him as he’s been poor for us this season, in my opinion.

I remember London being cracking when he was at Arbroath, hopefully we can get him playing at those levels if the rumour is true.

16 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Christ it’s not a good sign if Allan is better than him as he’s been poor for us this season, in my opinion.

I remember London being cracking when he was at Arbroath, hopefully we can get him playing at those levels if the rumour is true.

I would swap Lowden for Allen in a heartbeat! I don't remember Lowden before the injury but it really hasn't worked out for him at Elgin. I don't like digging out individual players on here and if he can turn it around at another team good luck to him! I wouldn't be disappointed to see Eadie come back as I thought he was decent but we really need someone who can organise a defence - McHardy and Bronsky are very decent players as individuals but our defence has consistently fallen apart under pressure this season.

Edited by Briggsy's Ghost

It's fine margins at this level. The right player in the right position can transform a team! Solid defensive midfielders are a dying breed - usually just someone who was quality who can't run anymore at this level. It's been quite a while since I thought we need as many changes as I think now. We are pretty poor in every area - thank god soapy and McHardy are local lads.  I don't think any teams would be be too interested in any of our other players (Omar has been decent in spells TBF).

I would also take Eadie back no problem. I thought he done a good job for us. Also agree on a good defensive midfielder hugely helping the defence. Soapy is also much more effective with more security behind him. Gives him the licence to attack without worrying to much of leaving holes behind him.

Some good youngsters coming up from the U20s, but reaping the benefits of the Club's enhanced youth policy may be a slightly more medium-to-longer term project, as opposed to seeing immediate benefits next season. That said, if they're good enough then they're old enough, so hopefully that proves to be the case & they get some decent game time & opportunity to show what they can do.

Already got five out on loan at HL sides this season that have played anywhere up to 30 times for their loan clubs. Think it's six that have already made First Team debuts earlier in the season, so certainly some of those have been 'blooded' to see if they're ready for the next step. Would expect that over the next 2-3 years there will be a good number coming through....fingers crossed!  

Already got five out on loan at HL sides this season that have played anywhere up to 30 times for their loan clubs. Think it's six that have already made First Team debuts earlier in the season, so certainly some of those have been 'blooded' to see if they're ready for the next step. Would expect that over the next 2-3 years there will be a good number coming through....fingers crossed!  

Just be careful when you re call them; it seems SFA / SPFL don’t take kindly to it. Might scupper your chances[emoji849]

Frustrating game today. Shocking goal to lose In the 1st minute from the usual shambolic set piece defending.
Mccallister misses an open goal after 5 minutes I was thinking this could be double figures here.
We completed reasonably well after that and could have nicked a point but for the missed penalty.
I must be honest and say that wouldn't have been deserved though.
Kyle Gourlay has had his moments but he has made 3 saves In that game today that any goalie In the world would have been proud of. Truly brilliant

Could have been 3 0 in about 10 minutes. We competed fairly well after that and should have been level at HT with the penalty, or even up if the ref had given the obvious corner prior to Peterhead’s second. In the first 25 minutes of the second period we were all over the place both tactically and physically. In this period Peterhead out thought us and out fought us. We looked miles of the pace. In the end we nearly nicked a draw which would have been robbery.

I appreciate we lost a defender to injury but at various points Darryl appeared to be playing centre forward, midfield, centre half and left back which can’t be good for him or anyone else as Mcallister looked as if he was playing against a school team. Soapy ended up playing deepest midfielder? And what happened at the penalty as Mcivor was clearly not the nominated pen taker, where was the leadership there?  Thought Gourlay was culpable at the first goal but had at least 4 stunning saves thereafter and was a deserved mom. 

Seriously worried about next season as I don’t know how we’re going to attract the 7quality players we need.

He'd probably do well in a team at the top of the league, but he's too lightweight at the back and passing hasn't been good enough. Really hard to see where we go from here.

If Price can't make some big changes to the squad, and actually have us playing like a team, then 8th looks like a good finish for next year. Not good enough.

He'd probably do well in a team at the top of the league, but he's too lightweight at the back and passing hasn't been good enough. Really hard to see where we go from here.

If Price can't make some big changes to the squad, and actually have us playing like a team, then 8th looks like a good finish for next year. Not good enough.

Can't really remember but sure he played on the wing more often for us. Dick Campbell played him sweeper one game though where he strolled it

Maybe just needing confidence and fitness but there's a cracking player in there. Would've had him on the opposite wing from Bobby this year if he was still that player we had

Could have been 3 0 in about 10 minutes. We competed fairly well after that and should have been level at HT with the penalty, or even up if the ref had given the obvious corner prior to Peterhead’s second. In the first 25 minutes of the second period we were all over the place both tactically and physically. In this period Peterhead out thought us and out fought us. We looked miles of the pace. In the end we nearly nicked a draw which would have been robbery.
I appreciate we lost a defender to injury but at various points Darryl appeared to be playing centre forward, midfield, centre half and left back which can’t be good for him or anyone else as Mcallister looked as if he was playing against a school team. Soapy ended up playing deepest midfielder? And what happened at the penalty as Mcivor was clearly not the nominated pen taker, where was the leadership there?  Thought Gourlay was culpable at the first goal but had at least 4 stunning saves thereafter and was a deserved mom. 
Seriously worried about next season as I don’t know how we’re going to attract the 7quality players we need.
The amount of changes of formation today was alarming.
On Darryl, he was moved into centre midfield after 5 minutes. What possible reason was there to make that change as early as that in the game?
I am the same as you I am very worried about next season. I'm not sure I trust Gavin Price to take us forward.
Following a good win against Clyde with 7 defeats on the bounce is nowhere near good enough.