Elgin City 2018/19

same old same old for me. massive rebuild required for next season new goalie left back centre back two wide players a centre mid and. a striker. Falling crowds and growing apathy apparent. It seems that the interest of a few seasons back is starting to drop off and that another season of mediocrity cannot be allowed to happen

same old same old for me. massive rebuild required for next season new goalie left back centre back two wide players a centre mid and. a striker. Falling crowds and growing apathy apparent. It seems that the interest of a few seasons back is starting to drop off and that another season of mediocrity cannot be allowed to happen
I agree. The apathy has been steadily building this season. The fall in crowds is becoming quite alarming. The Albion Rovers game was the worst performance I've possibly ever seen. Not just because the lack of quality which was poor on its own, but for that lack of any kind of fight.
The fact that Cooper came out after the game and said he could tell in the warm up that Elgin were going to play like that is particularly alarming.
Do we cut our losses and appoint another management team to carry out this rebuild needed or give Gav another shot at it?
I'm undecided.

If McHale is actually going to be around for next season I'd be happy with him as our first choice keeper. We need an experienced centre half to get our defence organised, I think the individual quality is there but there's no leadership. Putting our hopes on Craig Beattie was a mistake, he talked a good game and had a decent rep but his legs were gone and he was virtually silent in every game he played.

I don't think replacing Price is the answer, if he's willing to give it another season and he has the backing of the club.

If McHale is actually going to be around for next season I'd be happy with him as our first choice keeper. We need an experienced centre half to get our defence organised, I think the individual quality is there but there's no leadership. Putting our hopes on Craig Beattie was a mistake, he talked a good game and had a decent rep but his legs were gone and he was virtually silent in every game he played.

I don't think replacing Price is the answer, if he's willing to give it another season and he has the backing of the club.
I would be happy if McHale was available for next season. About time our 1st choice goalie was a signed player.

I believe he moved back to England due to losing his job with Moray Council so not sure staying in Moray is an option.

Definitely think an experienced Centre Half is a priority. A 20 goal a season striker who will stay a few years and consistently score that many would also be great rather that loan strikers who do ok for a month then that's it.
We haven't had that since Gunny lost his place in the team then left.

29 minutes ago, Super Elgin City said:

A 20 goal a season striker who will stay a few years and consistently score that many would also be great rather that loan strikers who do ok for a month then that's it.

:lol:

I would be happy if McHale was available for next season. About time our 1st choice goalie was a signed player.

I believe he moved back to England due to losing his job with Moray Council so not sure staying in Moray is an option.

Definitely think an experienced Centre Half is a priority. A 20 goal a season striker who will stay a few years and consistently score that many would also be great rather that loan strikers who do ok for a month then that's it.
I didn't actually realise Gunn was away from Elgin!
He was there for years as well eh?
Was there not a mad stat doing the rounds that any game Gunn scored first in, Elgin were never beaten?

I didn't actually realise Gunn was away from Elgin!
He was there for years as well eh?
Was there not a mad stat doing the rounds that any game Gunn scored first in, Elgin were never beaten?
Aye he left a couple of years ago.

He was there for a long time. Elgin's leading ever league scorer by a good distance.

Not sure on that stat but could well be true[emoji106][emoji106]

2 hours ago, Super Elgin City said:

Yet another defeat after conceding late on. 6 defeats in a row with Peterhead to come at the weekend. Awful end to the season. Really worrying signs.

We seem to be in a giving mood just now.  Nothing to suggest it won't be the same next week.  Unfortunately I won't be able to go to this one which means I will not have made any trips to Elgin this season, I will have to make up for it next season if we're in the same league or if not then the year after when we'll be back here again.

On 08/04/2019 at 12:57, WeAreElgin said:

if he is willing to give it another season is this for real- we have been shit and are going backwards fast.