Elgin City 2018/19

Cheers, I know someone who does work for Truro City and he mentioned that Football League clubs were interested in him so it seemed strange he ended up in our League 2.
I thought it was a fantastic steal for us. An England Under 19 player I think. And a loanee gets priority. Madness.

Agree with all these comments. Gourley is an excellent shot stopper but the rest of his game seems to have regressed as the season has gone on (seems to happen a lot with keepers at Elgin). We have a signed keeper that has looked decent when he's played and we choose to take up a loanee position when we could potentially be looking at a decent young defender on loan instead. Hope Mchale gets some game time down south and comes back or someone puts up some cash to sign him!

McHale hasn’t impressed me in the games he has played to suggest he is a long term goalie for us. Granted he could have had more game time to show what he can do but if you were manager would you take a chance on him! Gourlay I would imagine will be released by Dundee at the end of the season. Maybe he has been lined up? Who knows.

Good bit of business to ship him out now as we have little chance in my opinion of making the play offs. He has not been the same player since his injury and lacks the pace at present to get away from defenders. I sense he may start well at Peterhead and then fade. Time will tell. He only really performed for about 6 months prior to his injury. We are still short of a strong defensive midfielder to give extra cover for the defence

5 hours ago, MorayCup said:

I also agree 100% with Elginer. Been clear and obvious all season he wanted away anyway. We should have sold him for more in the summer when we had the chance.

Second top scorer in league 2 and third most assists - he really hasn't been anywhere near as disinterested on the pitch as people make out. He obviously did want away and given our league position it's probably right to get some money now but I can't see Elgin being better off from this transfer.

I can't argue that he may have been divisive off the field as I really don't know. All I know is what I see on the pitch each week and some players who have been bang average at best this season are gonna have to step it up big time now we've lost a player integral to most of our forward play. 

Great start by the lad, he can’t do more than that and I hope he continues. If he does I’ll be the first to admit I was a bit hasty in my assessment but one swallow does not make a summer.

It's not one swallow though the guy has run riot at juniors and scored goals for us whenever he's had a chance, which has been very rarely. He was with us 3 year, some think he should be starting for us just now (although imo no chance as we have Spence/Wallace/Doris and Donnelly) he made a real impression with alot of our fans. Guy scores goals and sniffs out chances.

• 3 weeks later...