Elgin City 2018/19

Think the team will be needing major surgery for next season. Three signed defenders although agree with Auld Gits comments there. Soapy signed, who else. Sutherland will be away, Morrison to replace him? He will probably be looking for bigger elsewhere. McHale is signed but not convinced by him, payed well on Sat but at fault for first 2 goals as he was last time I saw him at Stirling and a league game earlier in the season. I think JP will be away. Omar, Lowdon and Bronsky not sure what their contract situation is. A lot of decent players needing to be found. Big summer coming up for Elgin!

From the very very very little I have seen of you over the past couple of seasons, and with what I have seen of a couple of those players at others clubs, I’m in no position to or can’t argue with that mate, however has Price shown enough about him to be trusted with such a rebuild?

To me, an outsider looking in, Elgin have really struggled to do much with their squad since Ross Jack left the club.

I would drop him for a defensive midfielder hopefully the new boy allowing Cameron to play further forward. JP is unable to defend now in midfield due to his lack of pace though funnily enough I quite liked him at the back where he read the game well and his distribution was excellent. His lack of pace there, however, would still be a problem.  Not doubting his ability but he just struggles now in that midfield role. He has been a very loyal servant to Elgin which is more than you can say for some others in the semi or professional game!

Craig Beattie was on BBC Sportsound last night. He didn't talk much about his time at Elgin, pretty much joked that the drive up and back was the best thing about his time spent at the club. However he did say that he had spoken to Gavin Price at the end of last year and that price had told him he was looking to reduce the age of the squad and go with younger players, so Beattie was told that he wouldn't play and he didn't think the drive would be worth it "to watch 18 or 19 year olds play".

I doubt Elgin fans will care much, as I have said on the last match thread, Beattie is done,  but it could be an indication on the direction that the club is trying to go.

Craig Beattie was on BBC Sportsound last night. He didn't talk much about his time at Elgin, pretty much joked that the drive up and back was the best thing about his time spent at the club. However he did say that he had spoken to Gavin Price at the end of last year and that price had told him he was looking to reduce the age of the squad and go with younger players, so Beattie was told that he wouldn't play and he didn't think the drive would be worth it "to watch 18 or 19 year olds play".
I doubt Elgin fans will care much, as I have said on the last match thread, Beattie is done,  but it could be an indication on the direction that the club is trying to go.
I can't say I understand that statement because we've got a pretty young squad as it is, with the exception of JP McGovern I don't think there's a player over 30.

2 hours ago, WeAreElgin said:

Tom McHale is now out on loan at Weymouth until the end of the season, I am guessing he hasn't settled up north quite yet but what the f**k is going on at our club?

Heard this story at the start of the week, but saw on Weymouth website, they signed a keeper from Dover  on Saturday past.

14 minutes ago, gordon9736 said:

Heard this story at the start of the week, but saw on Weymouth website, they signed a keeper from Dover  on Saturday past.

Elgin have tweeted that he's away to Weymouth. I thought it was strange him joining Elgin in the 1st place was a change of job which took him to Scotland?

He has family up here. Hopefully he'll return after the loan, when Gourlay will be back to Dundee. I think McHale is a decent keeper, he just needs game time. The odd cup tie was never going to be enough..
Back to Stevie Dunn as reserve keeper again.. he must be well into his forties now.

Tom McHale is now out on loan at Weymouth until the end of the season, I am guessing he hasn't settled up north quite yet but what the f**k is going on at our club?
Not enough game time. I thought he was as good as Gourlay - and not a loanee. Now if Gourlay is re-called we're going to be struggling.

Not enough game time. I thought he was as good as Gourlay - and not a loanee. Now if Gourlay is re-called we're going to be struggling.
Agreed. I'd rather we started McHale over Gourlay, I guess his loan terms must have him starting every week? Either way, I'd rather we nurture our "own" player, we have always struggled with goalkeepers. Gourlay's going to f**k off in the summer and McHale will be like a stranger no doubt. I don't get it.

12 minutes ago, Am Muilleach said:

He has family up here. Hopefully he'll return after the loan, when Gourlay will be back to Dundee. I think McHale is a decent keeper, he just needs game time. The odd cup tie was never going to be enough..
Back to Stevie Dunn as reserve keeper again.. he must be well into his forties now.

Cheers, I know someone who does work for Truro City and he mentioned that Football League clubs were interested in him so it seemed strange he ended up in our League 2.