Elgin City 2018/19

3 minutes ago, WeAreElgin said:

It's been confirmed that Craig Beattie has left the club. No great loss.

I said it after the 5-2 defeat you had at Forthbank recently, but Beattie is well and truly done, so it's no great surprise. I suspect that will be that for him now, in a playing sense of course, however he seems like a really good big guy who has had stints on Clyde Super Score Board recently and has come across well, and he did a little bit of Coaching during his time at Forthbank and the feedback was that he was an excellent, so he will have options open to him i'm sure, and I wish him well in whatever he chooses to do next.

I said it after the 5-2 defeat you had at Forthbank recently, but Beattie is well and truly done, so it's no great surprise. I suspect that will be that for him now, in a playing sense of course, however he seems like a really good big guy who has had stints on Clyde Super Score Board recently and has come across well, and he did a little bit of Coaching during his time at Forthbank and the feedback was that he was an excellent, so he will have options open to him i'm sure, and I wish him well in whatever he chooses to do next.
Aye, I'm sure he's a nice guy but it's disappointing that he used us to give him one last run out despite being clearly out of shape.

4 hours ago, WeAreElgin said:
5 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Aye, I'm sure he's a nice guy but it's disappointing that he used us to give him one last run out despite being clearly out of shape.

I'd quite happily keep him as a coach, or manager...

Saw him in the Juniors a few weeks back.  Did not look out of place there and that is several levels below us. He is quite pacy but slight in build. Saw enough of him to form my opinion. Time will tell!

Better than the boy McLeish. Has done very well for us at times, just not good enough to get into our teams the past few years. Be good in L2.

Saw him in the Juniors a few weeks back.  Did not look out of place there and that is several levels below us. He is quite pacy but slight in build. Saw enough of him to form my opinion. Time will tell!
Kane is a good striker at League 2 level.

Think the team will be needing major surgery for next season. Three signed defenders although agree with Auld Gits comments there. Soapy signed, who else. Sutherland will be away, Morrison to replace him? He will probably be looking for bigger elsewhere. McHale is signed but not convinced by him, payed well on Sat but at fault for first 2 goals as he was last time I saw him at Stirling and a league game earlier in the season. I think JP will be away. Omar, Lowdon and Bronsky not sure what their contract situation is. A lot of decent players needing to be found. Big summer coming up for Elgin!