Elgin City 2018/19

5 hours ago, thejannie said:

Elgin no in the game until they scored and 10 mins after it. Elgin missed a few chances but albion dominated the game. All the best for the rest of the season 

Not sure what game you were watching. Should have been at least 3 for Elgin. Rovers were not in the game and should have been put to bed in 20 mins.

Definitely a pleasing start. Sounded like a good performance on Wednesday too so given that tournament is a farce it was a pretty perfect result. As well as the success of the first team, it's great to see the u20s stepping up, with Wilson in particular looking promising. It's fantastic to be able to give young local lads a chance.

15 hours ago, afca32 said:

Definitely a pleasing start. Sounded like a good performance on Wednesday too so given that tournament is a farce it was a pretty perfect result. As well as the success of the first team, it's great to see the u20s stepping up, with Wilson in particular looking promising. It's fantastic to be able to give young local lads a chance.

The recent work being done by Robbie Hope and co at youth level is fantastic, it's great the club have considerably stepped up  their game with the youth teams in recent years and I've no doubt in the coming years the first team is going to hugely benefit from it.

This pitch fiasco is all the more frustrating given that we were heading into this game full of momentum with a great chance keep that going into two very winnable games coming up. Could have been a decent crowd too and even better one next week had we won.

Had noticed in the two home games I've managed that the pitch looked sandy with puffs of sand going into the air when tackles were made.  Heard on BBC Scotland that they're blaming a Moray drought for the state of the pitch. 

Agree about the loss of momentum might cost us in the long run.

Elgin face SPFL probe after match called off due to gravel on pitch

Same old same old from Tatters, just excuses and everything is not the club's fault. As someone else said, Jim McInally publicly criticised this pitch months before the heatwave, this isn't a new problem and has been a long time coming and yet this is going to be another self inflicted storm that Tatters will sail right through without having anyone to answer to because the majority shareholder couldn't give two flying fucks about this football club. The day the dodgy Robertson's deal was made to block Kenny Black was one the darkest in the club's history, Tatters has no creditenals to run a football club and his tenure  to date has shown that to be the case, he must be pinching himself that he's in the position he's in. 

Edited by MorayCup

I have to say the pictures on the Northern Scot website the pitch looks horrific, surely the club didn't think they could play on it. There has been plenty dust kicked up on the last couple of ho me games, but they look sizeable pieces of gravel.. rip legs to pieces.

Don’t like to slagTatters as he does a power of work behind the scenes and with the help of the Robertson cash he has run a sound financial ship unlike a lot of our contemporaries. That however does not excuse this fiasco. He should if not consider his position get more help in instead of him and Cecil Jack trying to do everything. There must be some green keeper out there willing to help. 

This could cost us dear, lost revenue and fine I would imagine. Biggest issue may well be loss of momentum as others have said. We were beginning to get it together on the field with the signing of Morrison maybe being the icing on the cake. Wonder what Gavin and players are thinking? They have been let down badly.

I like Elgin and it's a nice trip. If Gilfillan had not quit this week and Sheerin was fit, I was all for heading up again. Fortunately, I didn't bother.

Feel sorry for anyone who travelled. Think there was a delay on way back as well due to the accident with the Ross County supporters bus. Sadly, someone was killed in the crash.

The pitch passed an inspection yesterday ahead of the Stirling game. If it took them that quickly to sort it after Saturday, why on earth was it left in the nick it was for the Cowdenbeath game despite repeated warnings from referees in previous games? :huh:

Anyway, moving on, let's just hope we can carry on our good start to the season with another 3 points on Saturday