Elgin City 2018/19

Shane's latest tweet doesn't make great reading and either does his list of recently liked tweets, looks like Abroath may be in the running too if those are anything to go by.

Edited to add - Just seen Abroath fans have already jumped all over the twitter activity in their thread. If we're getting anything like £20k for him and it's to a team in a different division, let him go, all the twitter stuff is pretty crappy behaviour on his part, would rather have players that want to be at the club. 

Edited by MorayCup

If he goes which it obviously looks like he wants to, I despair about the morals of some people. I don’t think the club could have done any more to keep him. If he does go 20k isn’t going to recover money spent on him or potential loss of revenue. He will be the difference between what play offs we are in. If we are at the bottom end, take 100 of average attendance and that is roughly 20000k in lost revenue itself, not to mention hospitality etc. What about players who have signed thinking with him in the team they would be playing in a winning team? Are they going to ask for a transfer? It would take a lot of money to find a player of similar quality to replace him. Feeling a bit deflated on a number of levels!

1 hour ago, Thom & Gerry said:

If he goes which it obviously looks like he wants to, I despair about the morals of some people. I don’t think the club could have done any more to keep him. If he does go 20k isn’t going to recover money spent on him or potential loss of revenue. He will be the difference between what play offs we are in. If we are at the bottom end, take 100 of average attendance and that is roughly 20000k in lost revenue itself, not to mention hospitality etc. What about players who have signed thinking with him in the team they would be playing in a winning team? Are they going to ask for a transfer? It would take a lot of money to find a player of similar quality to replace him. Feeling a bit deflated on a number of levels!

I just can't see keeping him as being a good option now it's clear he's unhappy, we saw in his last stint at Elgin before he went to Peterhead that a sulking Shane Sutherland is a total passenger most of the time and that's what we'd have on our hands again if we blocked a move and didn't give him a pay rise, so we could keep him and get nowhere near the playoffs anyway, at least selling him gets some money in and frees up a big chunk of wages too and we can get in someone that wants to be here.

If a player has his heart set on leaving, there's not much you can do as a club beyond giving him a hefty payrise. Reckon it might be best to let the lad go and pocket the money.

There's no way Elgin will be near the bottom of the table, even without Sutherland.

Where is Sutherland based? There is chat on our forum that he lives in Wick, I thought that was Craig Gunn?

If he’s travelling from there, then surely there is no chance of him joining us, and I doubt we’ll be able to throw Peterheadesk wages and expenses at him.

On 10/06/2018 at 11:05, WeAreElgin said:

Now I get to be bitter and point out that he's only had one good half-season in his entire career, the rest of the time he's been hopeless. emoji24.png

I tend to agree with this. Granted, on his day he's as good a player that you'll get at this level but these days are few and far between. Some of it is down to injury but a lot of it is down to attitude.

If he was out of contract I'd say take a chance but at 15K or 20K it's a big risk. If Elgin are being offered that kind of cash I'd say grab it and get someone who  wants to play the game.

Edited by blueone

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/elgin-fc/1496746/elgin-city-knock-back-cove-bid-for-striker-sutherland/

From this article you would assume that Elgin will accept 20K but Sutherland wants big wages.

No doubt we could pay the wages and so it comes down to whether or not we up our bid by 5K or another club comes in with 20K fee and  meets the wage demand.

It does look like he's going to go eventually.

On ‎10‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 03:11, MorayCup said:

Shane's latest tweet doesn't make great reading and either does his list of recently liked tweets, looks like Abroath may be in the running too if those are anything to go by.

Edited to add - Just seen Abroath fans have already jumped all over the twitter activity in their thread. If we're getting anything like £20k for him and it's to a team in a different division, let him go, all the twitter stuff is pretty crappy behaviour on his part, would rather have players that want to be at the club. 

On ‎14‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 12:04, Thom & Gerry said:

We have to recoup at least 20 k in wages and operation fees that we paid for in the year he didna play.

Typical Shane Sutherland behaviour - me, me, me and more me - constant moaning even though the City stood by him when he was on long term injury.  Having just read  the Northern Scot back page editorial  ( between the lines)  it looks like management/manager  are all fed up with him !!  Did we not learn the first time that he was signed - he's always been  a problem - pity the next club he goes to (  of course that's if he thinks they are good enough for him to be  their new star attraction ), if he does go :( good riddance to Shane the Shit Stirrer, not a team player and never will be.    

Edited by cmonthecity

Typical Shane Sutherland behaviour - me, me, me and more me - constant moaning even though the City stood by him when he was on long term injury.  Having just read  the Northern Scot back page editorial  ( between the lines)  it looks like management/manager  are all fed up with him !!  Did we not learn the first time that he was signed - he's always been  a problem - pity the next club he goes to (  of course that's if he thinks they are good enough for him to be  their new star attraction ), if he does go [emoji20] good riddance to Shane the Shit Stirrer, not a team player and never will be.    

Said this on the other thread, but if you hadn’t stood by him when he got injured playing for you it would’ve been incredibly poor. He signed the last contract under the old manager. Maybe he’s seen you are planning on playing Craig Beattie centre half and decided to bolt.

11 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Said this on the other thread, but if you hadn’t stood by him when he got injured playing for you it would’ve been incredibly poor. He signed the last contract under the old manager. Maybe he’s seen you are planning on playing Craig Beattie centre half and decided to bolt.

Bolt !! horses bolt :)   Shane doesn't like to run far less bolt  haha   - wish it was as simple as that but hearing rumours that he is being a proper pain  won't go unless he gets to choose where !!!

City made a good signing with Craig and maybe it did ruffle SSS feathers  so sooner he's away the better