Elgin City 2018/19

I thought Beattie was fantastic playing at the back against us earlier this season and I'm always a fan of having an experienced core to the team which hopefully he and McGovern can provide.

Happy with the business the club has done so far although I would agree with a previous poster in regards to Mcleish. Technically decent and works very hard,  but not a proven goalscorer and lacks a bit of size. Would definitely prefer someone different to partner Shane for the whole season but pleased to keep Mcleish as a squad player.

To any City fans, and indeed any fans, interested, I've started a post on the Highland League forum on the petition to reinstate Elgin as Highland League champions 1992-93. The petition itself is at https//tinyurl.com/Elgin93 and I'm keen to get some debate going.

Think it was last week's Northern Scot that said Reilly is probably off with Raith Rovers one of the clubs interested. On one hand he'll be a huge miss as he's undoubtedly far too good for League Two but on the other hand it ends the dilemma of trying to accommodate him, JP and Soapy into the same team and will hopefully mean we'll get the best out of Soapy in the middle of the park where he belongs

Striker who can play out wide I think. Has scored v us in the past.

When he initially signed on loan in January 2015 he played up top, but under Campbell he has played on the wing. I think there’s a player in there if you can keep him fit. He’s had 2 separate hamstring injuries this season and has barely played. Think he struggled a bit fitness wise with the change from full to part time football as well. Need a run of regular games at this stage of his career.

5 hours ago, MorayCup said:

Think it was last week's Northern Scot that said Reilly is probably off with Raith Rovers one of the clubs interested. On one hand he'll be a huge miss as he's undoubtedly far too good for League Two but on the other hand it ends the dilemma of trying to accommodate him, JP and Soapy into the same team and will hopefully mean we'll get the best out of Soapy in the middle of the park where he belongs

Agree with this.  Fair play to Reilly if he is off to full time football, did a good job for us scored some excellent goals and still has time to make it at a higher level. Like you say Cameron has to be in the middle of the park as him playing wide right or up front, whilst he has the ability to do it, just doesn't work.

22 minutes ago, Elgin15 said:

Agree with this.  Fair play to Reilly if he is off to full time football, did a good job for us scored some excellent goals and still has time to make it at a higher level. Like you say Cameron has to be in the middle of the park as him playing wide right or up front, whilst he has the ability to do it, just doesn't work.

Thomas Reilly off to join Jim Weir at Forfar...

33 minutes ago, Am Muilleach said:

Thomas Reilly off to join Jim Weir at Forfar...

Oh well :lol:

I presume he was offered a new contract but I didn't think there would be any chance of him staying for another season.

3 minutes ago, MorayCup said:

Really hope he didn't knock back a shot at full time football to sign for Forfar, what a waste of talent if so. 

I agree.  I thought he was more than capable of stepping up a level..I'm not really sure Forfar are up a level.

51 minutes ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Think there is a player in Byrne if he is given a run in the team. He has plenty of pace and would like to see him playing wide left/right in a midfield 4.

Agree on Byrne. Quick and decent on the ball. His opportunities were a bit limited last season but would like to see him given a chance to stake a claim.