Alloa vs Raith Rovers

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get this tae f**k.

Seriously don't fancy our chances.

Seemed a pretty comfortable clean sheet for Alloa today and  they were unlucky not to score themselves. Can only see it being worse for us in this match now Alloa have as much to play for as us. 

Looking forward to these ties. Last year I felt we were under a certain pressure in the play-offs having been clearly the 2nd best side in the league over the season. We didn't handle it well and losing to a bang average Brechin side on pens was a real blow. This time we have been up and down and were never in contention for automatic promotion. The pressure I felt we had last season is on Raith here.

Hopefully our key men are fit. If the team play like they can on a good day then we'll have a chance. 

It'll be interesting to see how Alloa do when they've got their full team on.  Despite how awful we were today, we were actually going full pelt where Goodwin had his team set up to restrict injuries and suspensions and still came closer than ourselves. 

Psychologically speaking it's a complete uphill battle. The reaction of the fans and players for us at the end shows it. Alloa can go full pelt here knowing they've taken 4 points off the top two in their league games, and that we're awful away from home.  

We all know we'll persist with Buchanan (what Spence needs to do to start a game is beyond me) up top watching Graeme Smith launch long balls to our forwards, while our defence and midfield look all at sea with no ability to pick out any passes or show any movement in the final third. 

I'm one who gets really frustrated with Smiths insistence on punting the ball hopelessly up the park however I wouldn't trust McHattie or Thomson with the ball at their feet either.

Just now, kev23 said:

I'm one who gets really frustrated with Smiths insistence on punting the ball hopelessly up the park however I wouldn't trust McHattie or Thomson with the ball at their feet either.

I think Thomson looked absolutely terrible today and has had a poor season in general. Times up for him as a full time footballer.

I think Thomson looked absolutely terrible today and has had a poor season in general. Times up for him as a full time footballer.

I totally agree. He's escaped a lot of criticism, most likely down to him being with the club so long and he's chipped in with a few goals, but unless he's taking up a role in the office we can't possibly offer him another year.

Just now, Beastie Russell said:

Where’s best for parking in Alloa ? 

Last time I was there it was a grass pitch, and Tall Pish scored to keep us up.

Morrisons just up the road from the ground.

Any news on gate prices? There is absolutely no chance I'll be paying full whack to watch another two matches between us and Alloa.

No goals in the last 180 minutes and not much prospect of many in the next 180 I wouldn't have thought.

Archived