Alloa vs Raith Rovers

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Impressive to play Alloa three times in a week and only score one goal.
Still remember when we were in League One and Rovers were top four in the Championship. They tried to claim they were the big team in Fife.
Oops.

Nobody claimed that.

I’m pretty sure every Rovers fan would have claimed we were the best team in Fife and there would have been nothing wrong with that claim.

Loved the irony of the match day announcers track choices

Halftime I can’t get no satisfaction and promised you a miracle. At 90 minuets heaven knows I am miserable now.

Pity very few rovers fans stayed around to hear it.

41 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Impressive to play Alloa three times in a week and only score one goal.

Still remember when we were in League One and Rovers were top four in the Championship. They tried to claim they were the big team in Fife.

Oops.

Short memory, eh?

28 minutes ago, Redwedge77 said:

Halftime I can’t get no satisfaction and promised you a miracle. At 90 minuets heaven knows I am miserable now.

Good whack of Raith fans stayed behind to applaud the Alloa team at the end, and hear The Smiths

The Alloa team was rightly applauded off the pitch by rovers fans. Goodwin has publicly acknowledged it. No need to be a p***k.

3 hours ago, Redwedge77 said:

His rallying call of getting behind the Rovers for the last 45 minutes of the season was particularly telling.

7 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Kicking off when the ref blew his whistle you mean?

Whilst it was legal it wasn't exactly very sporting of us. Akin to diving, and no place for it, although not too different from the Alloa time wasting. 

4 hours ago, Redwedge77 said:

Think you will find there was still a lot of fans left in fact there was more home fans applauding your team off the park than there own fans , 

Just now, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

I was away as soon as Alloa's second went in. 

Had enough of the Rovers letting me down and couldn't be bothered prolonging the misery any longer. 

Same here.   Most interesting thing was that the now ex chairman was practically sprinting up Pratt Street at that point too.

1 hour ago, piebob said:

Whilst it was legal it wasn't exactly very sporting of us. Akin to diving, and no place for it, although not too different from the Alloa time wasting. 

Refs explanation of the rule was that because Kirky ran to the dugout with the team to celebrate we were technically in our own half and the game could restart.One to remember for future reference.

Refs explanation of the rule was that because Kirky ran to the dugout with the team to celebrate we were technically in our own half and the game could restart.One to remember for future reference.
We still managed to make an absolute mess of the attack anyway.

4 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
13 minutes ago, Kobe2010 said:

We still managed to make an absolute mess of the attack anyway.

Aye,lucky for us.Think there would have been a meltdown if you had scored from it.

10 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Same here.   Most interesting thing was that the now ex chairman was practically sprinting up Pratt Street at that point too.

Really !!

Thats shocking, I would have expected him to complete his duties and extend congratulations to the Alloa directors.

Pathetic, cowardly behaviour.

What time is the big pow wow tomorrow and are we likely to get anything out of it ie: full time or part time, manager, players, roary rover has left to be another teams mascot couldn'  stand in the way of his boyhood dream etc etc

What time is the big pow wow tomorrow and are we likely to get anything out of it ie: full time or part time, manager, players, roary rover has left to be another teams mascot couldn'  stand in the way of his boyhood dream etc etc

Apparently the first thing tomorrow will be to appoint a new chairman. After that, the directors will be discussing Barry Smith, the full time/part time debate and then moving on to the budget.

So hopefully by tomorrow night, we’ll have a better understanding of where we’re at.

Archived