Alloa vs Raith Rovers

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, AlloaAdam said:

We were excellent today, very disciplined and looked dangerous all afternoon. No failures but kevin cawley motm for me, another great performance from him. Looking forward to the final now, 5 wins on the spin now for us and we are looking in great shape.

5 wins on the spin if you class the draw in the middle as a win too....

Well done To Alloa, organised and clinical over the tie. Two things we certainly weren’t 

5 wins on the spin if you class the draw in the middle as a win too....
Well done To Alloa, organised and clinical over the tie. Two things we certainly weren’t 

oh aye forgot about that one

Well done Alloa, they've made an absolute fool of us over the last 7 days and fully deserve to go through. Good luck in the final.

As for us, well, let's never speak of season 2017/18 again, please.

You can fuckin keep him, he's garbage.

He’ll suit McCalls attacking tactics rather than Smiths punt it long tactics.

He can carry Shanklands training bag around for him.

Alloa were fantastic over the three games, very well deserved.

That was absolutely horrendous.

If anyone comes in with a fee for Vaughan we should take the money and run. 

Best fan performance since Alloa 3 - 2 Rangers. Absolutely cracking support that drowned out the Raith fans!

Great to get into the final but need to keep up the momentum. Nothing will be given to us especially by the bogie team that is Dumbarton.

2 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Why would anyone laugh at Raith Rovers, great community club. Their fans will be disappointed, we've all been there.. it fuckin hurts. Best of luck for next season Rovers you will breeze the league

You don't have to have any ill will towards a club to laugh at their failure. The ongoing disaster that Raith have been for the last two years is fascinating viewing, therefore everyone will laugh at them.

Knowing that all of our clubs have been and will be as much of a shambles as well only makes it more important to revel in the misfortune of others while you can.

Schadenfreude is fucking brilliant, possibly the best thing about football.

We've been up and down over the past few months but we were absolutely  terrific Wednesday and today. Have to hope we have more of the same in the tank for the final. 

I have a lot of sympathy for Raith, we suffered in the same way last year after finishing well above Brechin and losing to them in the play-offs. Fans I met today before and after were sound and a credit to the club. Don't think Barry Smith is the man for Raith, recurring theme that his teams don't fulfill their potential, even his Alloa team that recorded some fantastic results. 

Roll on Wednesday. 

Best fan performance since Alloa 3 - 2 Rangers. Absolutely cracking support that drowned out the Raith fans!
Great to get into the final but need to keep up the momentum. Nothing will be given to us especially by the bogie team that is Dumbarton.

I think Parkhead topped today regards a vocal support.

That was the hardest of the 3 games but there was no panic and ultimately Raith couldn’t sustain the pressure. Good solid performances all round in what was a real team effort.

4 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

You don't have to have any ill will towards a club to laugh at their failure. The ongoing disaster that Raith have been for the last two years is fascinating viewing, therefore everyone will laugh at them.

Knowing that all of our clubs have been and will be as much of a shambles as well only makes it more important to revel in the misfortune of others while you can.

This. It keeps you sane at moments like this. Scottish football is full of moments like this. Football is far too sanitised. A perfect example is shite like this down South: 

Given me players giving it laldy in front of opposition fans. There's a load of WUM on here tonight and some of the bites from Rovers fans are spectacular. 

13 minutes ago, Waspie said:

We've been up and down over the past few months but we were absolutely  terrific Wednesday and today. Have to hope we have more of the same in the tank for the final. 

I have a lot of sympathy for Raith, we suffered in the same way last year after finishing well above Brechin and losing to them in the play-offs. Fans I met today before and after were sound and a credit to the club. Don't think Barry Smith is the man for Raith, recurring theme that his teams don't fulfill their potential, even his Alloa team that recorded some fantastic results. 

Roll on Wednesday. 

Best of luck and enjoy the finals. If Alloa stay down and they keep their squad together, with a few tweaks, then they'll be well within the mix. If they go up there's nothing to stop them from staying there. Goodwin has got his tactics spot on, and if he keeps it up he'll be following in the footsteps of Jack Ross. As a player, he was a nuisance, but as a manager he's got an exceptional discipline in his team. 

15 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

With our luck Barry Smith will try to sign him.

9 minutes ago, fruitbowl said:

I think Parkhead topped today regards a vocal support.

That was the hardest of the 3 games but there was no panic and ultimately Raith couldn’t sustain the pressure. Good solid performances all round in what was a real team effort.

Ah see I wasn't at Parkhead.

But today everyone got me fired up. Had to restrain myself not to start singing in front of the Raith TV microphones :lol:

Archived