Alloa vs Raith Rovers

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

I'm starting to wonder whether we won the league because we had slightly fewer goalkeeping howlers.

There's got to be at least 8 points in those alone for us, it'd probably be more but Smith made an excellent save with his face a few weeks ago so that howler counts for us.

2 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

#buzzingback

Too late, Alloa fans claimed this already. 

28 minutes ago, mr mince said:

There's got to be at least 8 points in those alone for us, it'd probably be more but Smith made an excellent save with his face a few weeks ago so that howler counts for us.

Too late, Alloa fans claimed this already. 

No  we didn't Ayr fans placed it here . we are not ready for it , Yet ?

7 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Watch yourself there, dont want to appear "patronising" by hinting this tie might still be in the balance....

The raith fans are playing mind games with themselves , i think i upset the rythym.

How should we actually set up here? It’s a tricky one but we clearly need something different.

Smith (boo)
Thomson Bene Murray McHattie
Herron Robertson Hendry
Vaughan
Court Furtado

Vaughan not expected to defend at all. All on the three in midfield. I don’t rate Court nearly as highly as some seem to but we’re going to launch it long so we may as well play him. He’s a good ‘havoc’ option and we need that from the start, not in the last few minutes.

Barry Smith? I suspect it’ll be the usual failures like Buchanan, Barr and Zanatta.

Can’t wait.

What gets me is Court had a great game against Ayr at the end of last season yet has hardly featured since.

What gets me is Court had a great game against Ayr at the end of last season yet has hardly featured since.

Tbf even David Gormley had a good game against us last season. If that’s not a signal as to how shite we were then I don’t know what is.

I think Court shows a bit of passion and spark but I've not seen much that impresses. I'll be the first one to admit that last season I was hopeful he'd be a key young player for us. I think he's a classic example of why the under 20s leagues don't work. He's come into first team football too late and hasn't cut the mustard.

I think Court shows a bit of passion and spark but I've not seen much that impresses. I'll be the first one to admit that last season I was hopeful he'd be a key young player for us. I think he's a classic example of why the under 20s leagues don't work. He's come into first team football too late and hasn't cut the mustard.

Probably because all he gets put on to do is try and cause havoc rather than play his game.

Court should’ve been given more game time this season in my opinion, he’s the only striker we have that fits the style Smith has us playing. I doubt he’ll feature tomorrow at all given he’s barely had any time this season. Even if he played up with someone like Vaughan/Buchanan they could play off his knockdowns or he would at least cause the opposition centre backs some issues in the air compared to our other strikers.

Probably because all he gets put on to do is try and cause havoc rather than play his game.

Fair point. He was given a shot last season and had some good parts of games but even towards the end of last season he was only ever showing small bursts of brilliance (if that).

I'm sure if he had been good enough then he'd have featured in the starting line up. He's maybe put himself in the difficult situation if being an 'impact player' which most players don't want to be. Unfortunately whenever he has come on then he's not made much of an impact, whether that be due to lack of time or not being able to get himself into the game.

2 hours ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Why the f**k am I looking forward to this and convincing myself that we're going to score enough to get through? 

It's an illness I tell ye! 

I’ve arrived at this point too. It’s insane. Keep thinking ‘if we just get an early goal’

I’m going on the basis of it will be a great comeback or at least I won’t have to watch us again for a few months. Can’t lose 

Fair point. He was given a shot last season and had some good parts of games but even towards the end of last season he was only ever showing small bursts of brilliance (if that).

I'm sure if he had been good enough then he'd have featured in the starting line up. He's maybe put himself in the difficult situation if being an 'impact player' which most players don't want to be. Unfortunately whenever he has come on then he's not made much of an impact, whether that be due to lack of time or not being able to get himself into the game.

He played pretty well all things considered when Hughes gave him his chance. Smith hasn't a clue so it's no wonder he has barely featured. Can't write the boy off because Smith hasn't picked him.

Has he started a league game this season? How many minutes has he had as sub? Does it even add up to 90 minutes?

Basically, Baz Smith arriving hasn’t helped his career.

Archived