Alloa vs Raith Rovers

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Must not lose or even more pressure on us than we already have ! Not very confident considering how pish we have been away from home ! I can only really remember us picking  up 3 points away  on one occasion this season when we have really needed to win and that was the other week against Stranraer . I would go with 

Smith 

Thompson Davo Murray Mchattie

Barr Robertson Hendry Furtardo 

Vaughan Spence 

Hopefully a good away support and result   cmoooonnnnn you raaaaaaittttthhhhhh

I’d go 4-3-3/4-5-1. Herron, Hendry and Robertson in the middle. Vaughan, Furtado and Spence as the front 3 with 2 of them dropping back wide when we defend. All pretty interchangeable on who could play left, right and through the middle. 

I still think we have the players to play 3 at the back too but far too late in the season to be going for such a drastic change.

I think a draw would be a decent result tonight. For all the negativity over the last few days, our recent form has actually been pretty good. Draws at Arbroath and home to Alloa aren’t terrible results on their own but the circumstances made them so disappointing.

Still have serious questions about this teams bottle and they won’t go away unless we win the play offs. 

Looking at your recent form there's no reason to not be confident. Sure the football might not be pretty which seems to be the general complaint but you've become increasingly hard to beat. I don't think games like these should be on season tickets, everyone knows at the start of the season what the deal is when purchasing a book. I don't know if the potential extra two home games makes up for the reduced league prize money but at the end of the day the club is not a charity.

Anyway, good luck. Wish this was on TV, I have no interest in goings on in Rome.

19 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

I’d go 4-3-3/4-5-1. Herron, Hendry and Robertson in the middle. Vaughan, Furtado and Spence as the front 3 with 2 of them dropping back wide when we defend. All pretty interchangeable on who could play left, right and through the middle. 

I still think we have the players to play 3 at the back too but far too late in the season to be going for such a drastic change.

I think a draw would be a decent result tonight. For all the negativity over the last few days, our recent form has actually been pretty good. Draws at Arbroath and home to Alloa aren’t terrible results on their own but the circumstances made them so disappointing.

Still have serious questions about this teams bottle and they won’t go away unless we win the play offs. 

I would go along similar lines. It would be a shock if Smith changes from the usual 4-4-2 now though.

Also agree about the ability of us to handle the pressure in these sort of games. You'd think this would be very tight but it wouldn't be a shock if we produce a  horror show similar to the Ayr away games and lose this by 2 or 3.

Buchanan and Barr to be dropped for me.

I love the thought of a 3-4-3 or 5-2-3 but it'll never happen.

Something like:

Smith
Bene - Davo - Murray
Thompson - Robertson - Herron/Hendry - McHattie
Vaughan - Spence - Furtado

One can dream though...

We've had our problems this season but the defence is not one of them. No need to change it and switch to a back three, with the risk of unsettling us there. 

I'd keep the same back 4; central 3 of Robertson, Herron and Hendry; Furtado, Vaughan and Spence up top. 

Got a wretched feeling about tonight. Didn’t intend on going but been roped into it. Just don’t lose Rovers, please.

The ‘hope we don’t lose’ thing is just so disheartening. It’s like watching Scotland these days where people think a draw in a 10 game qualifying campaign is a good result. Draws are no good. We need to get back to winning ways.

Aye...two 0-0 draws then penalties.

Archived