Thistle v County

2 hours ago, cilitbang said:

I guess this will be the last chance I get to boo Scott Fox for a while..:rolleyes:

Not if we both get relegated and we keep him. Got to be more optimistic chief.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Spain said:

Not if we both get relegated and we keep him. Got to be more optimistic chief.

I’m expecting to win and carry the momentum into the our last two games 8)

However, if we lose then we deserve auto relegation and you lot will scrape through the playoffs. If we can skelp St Mirren 5-0 then the rest of the Championship really must be fucking awful. 

A week ago I was full of optimism about this match, County had so much momentum and positivity from Kettlewell and Ferguson's management.

The loss at Hamilton has drained that from me and I'm expecting a 12th finish place now, anything else is a bonus.  The performance rather than the result is what is demoralising, with unambitious hoofball played all afternoon.  The north stand 'boring boring County' lads will have a field day if County play like that again.  I'm hoping that it was just a misplaced strategy and they'll mix it up more at Firhill - I have no problem with direct balls for Schalk and Mckay if there is some possession first to draw the opposition up the park to turn them, but Hamilton seemed unadulterated attrition for the sake of it.  I wonder if it's a mentality thing due to what is at stake, in which case it could be just as bad at Firhill.  Even though I'm expecting relegation more than not at this stage, I'd still be raging if County just went with the same approach that failed badly at Firhill just before the new year.

One of my glimmers of hope is that Draper completely owns Woods and I would think that will be the case again tomorrow night., so County could have more of a hold on midfield than in recent away matches.

I see from the BBC preview that Tansey is injured again :unsure2:  If it's a continuation of the 3-5-2 system I hope that doesn't mean an automatic start for Gardyne again.  County legend and all, but I think his performances are way down.  Who would fill in that place instead though?  Ideally Kait for me, but he's barely featured under Ketts and Fergie... if it was me I'd have Ngog playing behind the two strikers due to the way the ball sticks to him.  ETA: Routis is still out?  Ferguson was in the press earlier in the week saying that it was just protocol with needing stitches and he'd be OK for this.  If that's the case then I'd hope Naismith comes straight back into the team, arguably even at the expense of one of the others if Routis is available.

The closer we get to this the more I'm looking forward to what will most likely be a match of absolutely dreadful quality. 

If we stay up are we supposed to be keeping Tansey? He's done absolutely heehaw in his period here aside being injured.

Fergie tells RCFCTV that they have a full squad to pick from :unsure2:.

Spoiler

Tansey was good coming on as a sub against Hearts, then picked up the groin injury again in the next match.  Last Saturday was only his second start... he was okay and put in two very good balls into the box, but the balance of the midfield wasn't right with the style that was played.

13 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

Fergie tells RCFCTV that they have a full squad to pick from :unsure2:.

Our team news has been all over the place all season- I guess the feeling is it's better to not let the opposition know who is actually missing. I think the 4-0 in Dingwall has probably ended 3-5-2 for the season (and quite possibly Adam Barton's Thistle career). I'd expect to see the same starting XI and formation as the last two games with the exception of McGinn (on the right with Elliott moving across to the left) in for Booth if the latter isn't fit.

I'm not and unlikely to ever be a fan of Edwards but maybe he can carve himself a role for these last few games as supersub- it would be a very Lambie thing to do to keep him on the bench- he did it with Martin Hardie when he went on a run of scoring off the bench.

On holiday for this one, will be the first time I've watched a Thistle game on TV in front of my girlfriend. Relegated and single by Saturday morning 8)

7 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

Is it too early to start drinking in preparation for this? It's medicinal of course. 

It’s 5pm in the World somewhere. Crack on m9!

11 minutes ago, Kilsyth Coyle said:

Big Crowd expected???

7:45pm in Glasgow on a working day, how the f**k are you meant to do that from the Highlands. 

12:30pm in Hamilton last Saturday was bad enough a ko time but at least it was a Saturday, with a VERY early set off time.

I'm not able to change my shift to suit a tv company so I'll not manage this game unfortunately. 

7:45pm in Glasgow on a working day, how the f**k are you meant to do that from the Highlands. 
12:30pm in Hamilton last Saturday was bad enough a ko time but at least it was a Saturday, with a VERY early set off time.
I'm not able to change my shift to suit a tv company so I'll not manage this game unfortunately. 

Shite fan, imo.

Archived