The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

It takes balls to come out and say what Innes said. Namely, that it isn't right for someone to be judged a rapist without the protections of a criminal trial. It's the most principled and admirable foray into politics that I can remember a Clyde chairman making.

Of course, it only takes balls because of the prevailing political climate. That is, one in which the police are going around trying people's car-doors and front-doors. And then, on discovering one of those isn't locked, finding the owners and telling them they're helping criminals win. Yes: they're actually doing that. A climate in which a man can be dragged through the criminal process for nigh-on two years, fined and made a criminal for a daft YouTube video. A climate in which the basic principle of double-jeopardy becomes subject to as many exceptions as you like; so that after being acquitted in the criminal courts, or after having had a prosecutor decide that a prosecution was implausible, a person can be pursued to the end of the earth off the back of the same allegation. That could be in a civil court, at the whim of any complainer, or in a criminal court if politicians make enough of a racket. Used to be you'd call a climate like this a climate of government corruption. Now? They're calling it, alternately: 'progressive'; 'a socially-just society'; and worst of all 'equality'.

Humell tops good fitting compared to shit like surridge..

One o my pals motherwell tap made by macron is a belter...

So macron or hummel for me plz

Got the impression the club wasn't to chuffed with Hummel over the tops with the names on it I think it's not a bad make but my boys bought some if the polo tops very poor quality that said the black away top was a good standard of top.

1 hour ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Whats wrong with Police telling folk to lock doors, sounds like sensible advice to me!

Could've swore I wrote that they'd been doing more than simply giving advice. *Looks up thread*.

Oh, I did.

What a strange reply.

If you've no instinctive problem with the state, in the form of the police, trying doors at random and without a very specific and widely-given mandate to do so, I can't help you. The termites have dined too long and too well at that point. To read you describe that as proactive police work will doubtless delight the majority in Hollyrood; they can be sure of being returned to their seats next time round.

Proactive Police work. How else would they know doors were open apart from when householder has been robbed which is precisely what they are trying to prevent. Sorry can’t  see what’s strange about that reply. 

Well let's hope police Scotland aren't neglecting issuing parking tickets or warnings for having a brake light out and of course making sure football fans don't take a flag into games [emoji23]

If you've no instinctive problem with the state, in the form of the police, trying doors at random and without a very specific and widely-given mandate to do so, I can't help you. The termites have dined too long and too well at that point. To read you describe that as proactive police work will doubtless delight the majority in Hollyrood; they can be sure of being returned to their seats next time round.

What the actual f***? You are beyond parody.