Sign in to follow this  
Scott-Replay

The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

Hearing from a stirling barmaid  that Currie going to s Albion along with 2 or 3 of clyde promotion winning squad. All is not rosy. :thumbsdown  I will endeavour to find out more

All is rosy at Clyde. The only players that you will be getting from us is one of the six that’s been released today.

Sad to see Currie and Cogill go.

Currie was key to our playing out from the back this year, he started moves regularly, and his quick punts for Goodwillie to chase put the opposition defenders under pressure who were often happy just to concede a throw in deep in their own half. However, even when playing with three defenders who were good in the air (Lang, Rumsby & McNiff), we always seemed to be under real pressure defending corners and I think Currie had a lot to do with that. It was also noticeable Allan Moore seemed to be getting increasingly frustrated with some of his more wayward goal kicks as the season went on.

It’s not ridiculous to think we can get a more solid keeper than Currie, but he’ll go down as one of our most likeable keepers in recent years, even if he did make some games a little too “interesting”.

I’m sorry we’re not giving Cogill another chance, though it would be understandable if he wasn’t overly keen to stay whilst not getting much game time. Lang gets raved about all the time, but when Cogill was playing well he was our best out and out defender IMO. I hope he finds a good club (preferably down south so we don’t have to play him) and goes on to fill his potential.

Of the rest, Boyle could become a very good player but (as Sao Paulo said) he needs a team built to suit him and we’re not that at the moment. Jordan Stewart was always a solid defender but it was clear Lennon didn’t rate him, so it’s no surprise he’s away.

Hughes we never saw enough of to judge him properly and Aaron Millar… well, good luck.

I generally prefer a promoted side to make at least half a dozen signings to strengthen and refresh the team, so hopefully we have some good ones planned.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

Oh, ya beauty. That's good that.

f**k sake, we're fast on the paper this close-season.

Kevin Thacker spotted outside Broadwood shouting: "Release barabbas!".

As pure speculation, unless Cogill asked to go (back down South?) can we hope that Lang is already signed up?

Happy with the signing of Smith, too. His injury record is a tad worrying, but once David Hopkirk shows up we will have some strike force :wub:

27 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Why are we not hearing news of Ross Lyon's release?

Hearing from the wee Jamaican guy who gives out mints and deodorant in Bennett’s that Lyons is staying 

8 hours ago, SLClyde said:

In my experience of pie and bovril, around 1 in 20 posts claiming people are signing or leaving are right so will wait to see from the club what’s happening. 

2 posts from Superscout, with about 100 errors. Why does anyone react to that sort of post? Utterly beyond me.

Apologies if it has been discussed 3000 pages ago but can anyone tell me what happened with Project Braver? I know you were meant to be playing a bunch of glamour friendlies against higher opposition but never actually heard anything about them taking place. Does anyone know the script or have a link to a list of games played?

https://www.clydefc.co.uk/team/project-braver/

18 minutes ago, Clydeontheup said:

Hearing from the wee Jamaican guy who gives out mints and deodorant in Bennett’s that Lyons is staying 

Funny one that, the cashier at Greggs in Buchanan St was adamant he was off. I suggest an actual, physical fight in town between the Greggs cashier and the Bennets toilet guy to force the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Our chances next season rest on Ross Lyon's whereabouts.