The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

Where could Adored be getting his info? Loss of grant and McStay would be disastrous

Adored doesn’t say grant and mcstay are away to be fair. That was ‘superscout’ (account created less than a week ago - 5 posts to his name).

In my experience of pie and bovril, around 1 in 20 posts claiming people are signing or leaving are right so will wait to see from the club what’s happening. 
Exactly dont know why some people are believing a couple of posters who have barely posted on a Clyde thread before. Very easy to claim you are ITK on here.

players have just returned from the Algarve so maybe Danny flew out to dicuss terms the along with a host of other Scottish clubs [emoji23]

unbelievable the guff some people take in hope the shares in the gold and diamond mines goes well [emoji6]

4 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

He played with us in the Championship did he not? 

Aye for a shave and a shite. Only 2 appearences that I can remember when he was a young lad. 

He's had a decent if unspectacular career and I think he would be a good signing even at 33. He got 22 goals for Forfar in league one last season so can't complain at that. A second option up front was one of our definete needs for next season. 

12 hours ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

How can you say he was not rated by Morton yet he had just turned down a contract?

ps Congratulations on your shortest ever post 

I am the Morton. Now congratulate me again, bitch.

IMG_2753.thumb.jpg.18cec653ed6229a800dde560de3e3e24.jpg

Personally would have kept Currie and Cogill, or at least offered them deals for back up players as I think both can do a job in league one.

Other than that I’m not to bothered about the others, Boyle looked a right good player when he first came in but feel off this season with a lack of game time and didn’t really show much when given the chance.

Interesting that we are now likely to bring in two new goalkeepers.

Happy enough with those released. Currie had a poor season and without an obvious excuse. Stewart, albeit our best left-back in my opinion, has been injury prone and doesn't have the engine Lennon's looking for on that side; he's not the mirror image of Cuddihy, in other words.

Dissapointed we didn't give Cogill and Boyle deals. Having said that, there is a glut of quality in the squad, and I've been the very one saying we've an excess of centre-backs and midfielders. Someone had to go, and those two don't have the record that their competition do (e.g. Rumbsy, Lang; Syvertsen, Lamont, Banks).

Those two could be picked up by other clubs and do really well, IMO.

1 hour ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

He played with us in the Championship did he not? 

He was one of the 19 players sacked from the U19's in 2004 if I remember right. Only 2 players were kept and one of them was a certain Mr Bryson. I don't think Baird made a first team appearance, maybe a sub appearance if any.

So that leaves us with a squad of...

* denotes likely to be away to another club in my opinion

No GKS's

Tom Lang*
Scott Rumsby
Martin McNiff
Barry Cuddihy

Declan Fitzpatrick
Chris Johnston
Chris McStay*
Ray Grant*
Ross Lyons
Kevin Nicoll
John Rankin
Mark Lamont

David Goodwillie
Kristoffer Syvertsen
Ally Love

Obviously the priority is defence, then if McStay and Grant leave we'd need to plug the gaps there. Up top we're ok but another Striker would be ideal.