The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

OFF TOPIC!!!

Anyone have confirmation of both crowds at Shawfield (early 1983) against Thistle in the Scottish Cup, 1st leg at Firhill ended 2-2, replay at Shawfield was 1-1 when floodlights failed followed by lots of fighting on the terracing and fans escaping onto the pitch, won't go into that replay !!

Can't find crowd details anywhere, but I was at both Shawfield games and remember large crowds at both games (although memory is clouded as it was fucking years ago) :lol:

1 hour ago, Come Away The Clyde said:

OFF TOPIC!!!

Anyone have confirmation of both crowds at Shawfield (early 1983) against Thistle in the Scottish Cup, 1st leg at Firhill ended 2-2, replay at Shawfield was 1-1 when floodlights failed followed by lots of fighting on the terracing and fans escaping onto the pitch, won't go into that replay !!

Can't find crowd details anywhere, but I was at both Shawfield games and remember large crowds at both games (although memory is clouded as it was fucking years ago) :lol:

1 hour ago, Come Away The Clyde said:

OFF TOPIC!!!

Aye I remember this.

First game, Young saved a Kenny Watson pen.  At 1-1, Mo Johnston scores with a few minutes to go, so we're thinkin that's it until big Flexney pops up with just about the last kick of the ball to equalize.

So midweek replay, Radio Clyde's commentatin.  The luvvies had guys like Donald Park and had us under a fair bit of pressure early, but we came into it more to the point when it went into extra time, looked like there'd only be one winner - they'd auld Colin Jackson at centre half who was just about out on his legs - then the lights go out !! b*****d

The following Saturday we had them in the league at Shawfield and lost 3 - 1.  Mind thinking that wasn't a good sign for the replay the midweek after, and it wasn't....we'll no go into that.  Doesn't matter though, we've horsed these clowns many times since, still have more major honours than them, probably always will, and still have a classier strip....so they can get it fuckin right roon them ;)

10 hours ago, FREDDYFRY said:

https://twitter.com/bbcsportscot/status/1118150705611722754?s=12

At least being reported somewhat wider; if folk at my workplace for example, didn’t know me, most would not know about this decision.

At least highlight the decision, otherwise SFA just get on with it without any comment or criticism at all. Hide as usual, typical bureaucrats who would rather punish an admin error rather than sectarian behaviour or violence at games. Soft touch Clyde!

They have to be FORCED to explain the inconsistencies. How can the same offence committed in the same season receive 2 different punishments? Big club gets away with a soft touch, little club gets walloped.  Clyde, Berwick and indeed any fan angered by this should not let this drop. 

1 hour ago, Pompey Blue said:

They have to be FORCED to explain the inconsistencies. How can the same offence committed in the same season receive 2 different punishments? Big club gets away with a soft touch, little club gets walloped.  Clyde, Berwick and indeed any fan angered by this should not let this drop. 

In a move that may surprise some, i agree. Frustration and anger at our position isn't going to shift any tectonic plates, but the horrific handling (which is what it is) of this case is definitely awakening a beast, even if it is literally a green-eyed monster. Our part in the error i think will be addressed one way or another, by us as a club, but a situation where a motion of no-confidence in the integrity or suitability of the SFA to govern might not be too far off either. 

The reason for my original post was to highlight that outside the lower leagues in Scotland the majority of supporters, and in this part of the world are old firm fans, do not have clue what’s going on outside their sad bubble.

Folk on this forum may have differing level of knowledge of the game, however we do have an interest and knowledge of what is going on within Scottish football.

I seriously think that there are probably less than 50% of supporters in this country won’t know about this. Why would they it’s hardly been reported!

As I eluded to before, I work for the biggest public employer in Uk so come into contact with lots of people on a daily basis. No one outside my close colleagues knew about the appeal, let alone the result.

SFA SPFL will escape criticism on a meaningful scale as the football supporting public don’t know about it.

We won’t get a new outcome on this, of course not, but the authority should not be allowed to hide from this.. so keep highlighting it in social media etc, some so called journalist may actually report on it, you never know.

32 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

The reason for my original post was to highlight that outside the lower leagues in Scotland the majority of supporters, and in this part of the world are old firm fans, do not have clue what’s going on outside their sad bubble.

Folk on this forum may have differing level of knowledge of the game, however we do have an interest and knowledge of what is going on within Scottish football.

I seriously think that there are probably less than 50% of supporters in this country won’t know about this. Why would they it’s hardly been reported!

As I eluded to before, I work for the biggest public employer in Uk so come into contact with lots of people on a daily basis. No one outside my close colleagues knew about the appeal, let alone the result.

SFA SPFL will escape criticism on a meaningful scale as the football supporting public don’t know about it.

We won’t get a new outcome on this, of course not, but the authority should not be allowed to hide from this.. so keep highlighting it in social media etc, some so called journalist may actually report on it, you never know.

Conversely Freddy, almost all football-enthusiast colleagues of mine at our several worldwide distribution units knew of it, at least the bare bones anyway, being that of fielding the ineligible player. The collective, genuine response was "fucking amateurs". 

The length of time in between the verdict and appeal has, in my view, extinguished the interest for most outsiders to actually read the SFA's notes on it. It's now firmly in the "Yer strikers a rapist" category of insult, from what i've witnessed, because the truth is, people don't generally care about it and the small number who do (ie, US) with a few exceptions, trade their emotions as currency (chanting "f**k THE SFA" for over a month will REALLY have helped, won't it?) instead of diverting from the narrative to form a solid opinion.

I suggested elsewhere that this short-term outrage may become a by-product of the appeal not being successful, due to the trail of buffoonery the SFA are known  for, and i had no faith in the system to offer even an alternative sanction whatever case Clyde presented to them. I'd happily see McCrae and Petrie publicly flogged as an example, as we have been, but beware Sellick fans and their sympathies - loads of them were talking of buying Clyde STs and merchandise over the statement regarding Rangers in 2012 as solidarity. Arseholes.

We mustn't allow ourselves to be used over this either. 

5 hours ago, TheBigGuy said:

Question.... Does Danny rest players at Cowdenbeath? Pre the hectic p/off schedule. Or do we just f**k it and take the winning momentum and go with it?

We will not turn the GD around, and i feel that in the extremely unlikely event we go to CP 3 pts behind with this in mind (requires PH lose and we draw v the Crosshill Tramps- not a chance of that) it would be a waste of resources to endanger our players on that Somme of a pitch unless we really need to. If the gap is 2 or less- a non-issue.....gulp. 

We will not turn the GD around, and i feel that in the extremely unlikely event we go to CP 3 pts behind with this in mind (requires PH lose and we draw v the Crosshill Tramps- not a chance of that) it would be a waste of resources to endanger our players on that Somme of a pitch unless we really need to. If the gap is 2 or less- a non-issue.....gulp. 

as you say would be pretty unlikely that we would go to CP 3 points behind ( would require Peterhead to lose next week and Clyde to draw ) even in those circumstances the goal difference would still be something like -6 however if it were the case Lennon would put out the strongest possible team it's more than likely now that the last game will be meaningless under those circumstances. I would risk as few of the starting 11 as possible that said it will be like a glorified friendly

6 hours ago, TheBigGuy said:

Question.... Does Danny rest players at Cowdenbeath? Pre the hectic p/off schedule. Or do we just f**k it and take the winning momentum and go with it?

Rest them. Last time at East Fife in the play offs we were out on our feet. No point risking injury - test a couple who have not had regular games.

1 hour ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Rest them. Last time at East Fife in the play offs we were out on our feet. No point risking injury - test a couple who have not had regular games.

Tbf, Duffy fielded a reserve side at Stirling Albion in round 36, after securing our spot and we got fingered 3 or 4-0. Fitness is not an issue with this side one bit.

7 hours ago, TheBigGuy said:

4 points to claw back is a big ask, but should Peterhead get the necessary result the week before the Cowdenbeath game, then absolutely, and it’s also to get game time as he mentioned post match for the likes of Nicol.

If Phead get the win they need next week, I reckon we should give Banks and Lyon more game time at Cowdenbeath, especially since Lamont is often subbed which maybe indicates he can’t do the full 90

Boyle also deserves a bit of game time. Would like to see as many players as possible in the swing of things so that, if need be, anyone can come onto the park and do the job

If Phead get the win they need next week, I reckon we should give Banks and Lyon more game time at Cowdenbeath, especially since Lamont is often subbed which maybe indicates he can’t do the full 90

Boyle also deserves a bit of game time. Would like to see as many players as possible in the swing of things so that, if need be, anyone can come onto the park and do the job
do loans extend past the end of the season? let's hope some checks according to one of the boys yesterday Danny Lennon is 90 % certain banks can play in the play offs . Let's hope they check this time.

I always feel for Clyde. I know you used to play in Rutherglen and have moved around a wee bit. The move to Cumbernauld made sense, given the size of the tow, but with the OF allegiances it was always going to be difficult for you. I hope the club prospers and attracts new followers. Good to see you doing well. 

do loans extend past the end of the season? let's hope some checks according to one of the boys yesterday Danny Lennon is 90 % certain banks can play in the play offs . Let's hope they check this time.

Yeah I heard that it might not last. But surely Dundee Utd were aware we were most likely going to be in the playoffs when they loaned him out?

Let’s hope so, but tbf if we end up with Annan at any point then he’s probably not gonna get a game anyway