The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

34 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Ah! The "John Mason" boycott.

Defined as boycotting your club until they start to be successful but you still try to cling to the moral high ground.

Please spare us the moral grandstanding. It's unbecoming.

100% well said.

1 hour ago, Clyde01 said:

It’s November 2019. We are away at QP and failing to win (again). Next week we can look forward to Elgin visiting Broadwood (again).

At that point I’m fairly sure most of us will be thinking I wish we hadn’t had to go through the lottery of the playoffs when we could/should have won the title.

Unfortunately it would be typical Clyde to slip up when it really matters against an Annan or Edinburgh side we had made our bitches during the regular season.

That’s the gamble we will likely have to take now due to some clown not knowing the rules or bothering to check them.

Bullseye. Winning the title, as we deserve to at least have a level chance of doing, removes the room both for doing a Peterhead, and an additional two weeks of additional worry and stress after potentially losing just 5 actual matches of 36. If that (playoffs) was the best we could do then we'd gladly accept it, even more so if we slipped up in the final weeks. But it isn't, and we shouldn't. 

Edited by Officer Barbrady

55 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Unfortunately it would be typical Clyde to slip up when it really matters against an Annan or Edinburgh side we had made our bitches during the regular season.

That’s the gamble we will likely have to take now due to some clown not knowing the rules or bothering to check them.

Normally that is what would happen but this management team and this squad of players are far from the typical  players we have witnessed for many years, this group are determined, committed  and together and have  a great connection with the fans, let's just let our playoff opponents if it comes to it  worry about us.

55 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Normally that is what would happen but this management team and this squad of players are far from the typical  players we have witnessed for many years, this group are determined, committed  and together and have  a great connection with the fans, let's just let our playoff opponents if it comes to it  worry about us.

Just me or if/when we go into play offs. I want to finish 3rd.

Rather have Home game 1st and take big support away on Sat

Firmly believe if we go up we.ll be in top 4 next season league above. Dont we.ll be mid table for few years to come in 3rd

Yesterday was a huge decision. Run in even Bigger and for years to come (In my opinion)

Foreva n eva

16 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

With it being Edinburgh i'm not bothered about who plays at home first, however, with the run we are on and the momentum we have i'd like to keep that going. Not too much travelling for a midweek game whereas had it been Peterhead or in recent years Elgin i would definitely favour away on the Saturday.

We'll see what happens in coming weeks but if it is to be the playoffs i dont fear anyone. Massive next few weeks!

58 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Rather have Home game 1st and take big support away on Sat

Firmly believe if we go up we.ll be in top 4 next season league above. Dont we.ll be mid table for few years to come in 3rd

Yesterday was a huge decision. Run in even Bigger and for years to come (In my opinion)

Foreva n eva

You'd prefer we lost two games??!!! Or just ask the SPFL to increase the deduction?

43 minutes ago, BroadwoodBoy said:

With it being Edinburgh i'm not bothered about who plays at home first, however, with the run we are on and the momentum we have i'd like to keep that going. Not too much travelling for a midweek game whereas had it been Peterhead or in recent years Elgin i would definitely favour away on the Saturday.

We'll see what happens in coming weeks but if it is to be the playoffs i dont fear anyone. Massive next few weeks!

Worst possible case is Annan on a Tuesday night. Still reasonably close enough for us to take a good crowd to the first leg. Edinburgh or home leg in final are straightforward.

Mark Lamont's goal at Peterhead isn't in the Goal of the Season vote :blink:

Surprised a deflected John Rankin shot, and a decent but unspectacular finish from Syvertsen have snuck in there.

Edited by David W

Just as I was typing on the Cowden page about the possibility of Clyde maybe coming to Central Park in the final league game with a chance of winning the title, up pops an advert at the top of the screen and I could only see the lower part of the advert. Don't know what it was for, but all I could see were the words "...will go down to the wire".

9 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:
12 minutes ago, Officer Barbrady said:
You'd prefer we lost two games??!!! Or just ask the SPFL to increase the deduction?

If/When..

I genuinely don't think this group of players will lose another match together. I'd love to add 'this season' to that sentence- but i fear offers. Some legacy to either build on or to leave behind, as i agree- this side with three/four additions- a keeper, experienced no 5, a midfield general and (greedy) another forward to compliment DG (not understudy)- good to go if we keep these lads.

3 minutes ago, PELE said:

Just as I was typing on the Cowden page about the possibility of Clyde maybe coming to Central Park in the final league game with a chance of winning the title, up pops an advert at the top of the screen and I could only see the lower part of the advert. Don't know what it was for, but all I could see were the words "...will go down to the wire".

Screenshot_20190416-202630.jpg

https://twitter.com/bbcsportscot/status/1118150705611722754?s=12

At least being reported somewhat wider; if folk at my workplace for example, didn’t know me, most would not know about this decision.

At least highlight the decision, otherwise SFA just get on with it without any comment or criticism at all. Hide as usual, typical bureaucrats who would rather punish an admin error rather than sectarian behaviour or violence at games. Soft touch Clyde!

Edited by FREDDYFRY

Goal of the season was quite the watch. A lovely compilation of Clyde goals over the campaign.

I forgot the scenes of Goodwillie skinning the two Motherwell  CB's and coolly slotting into the corner. 

Magic moments

Goal of the season was quite the watch. A lovely compilation of Clyde goals over the campaign.
I forgot the scenes of Goodwillie skinning the two Motherwell  CB's and coolly slotting into the corner. 
Magic moments

Has a goal of the season video been released? I can’t see it on YouTube or twitter

Magic moments

Nevermind, found on website