The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

1 hour ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

You make it sound like a disease. It is merely a view of the same outcome that says I am not that precious about the journey - ends justifies the means. It isn't an attitude, it's an ambition being fulfilled. The league is almost gone, put the other stuff away or it could get in the way of winning a potential/probable play-off.

Because SLW, that's exactly what this "attitude" is. It demonstrates absolutely f**k-all empathy for players efforts, despite the fact that its those very players who have got us there. Their loyalties, if the large majority of our players are as savvy as they seem, will be severely tested under those conditions. I suppose, in this instance, they can "f**k off if they don't like it", which as we all witnessed, was the "means" which very nearly and would justifiably have spelt the "end" for the club in the professional league after over 125 years. Of all the arguments i've endured, the idea that brazenly not giving a f**k how we go up, with the position we were in and remain in leaves me cold to the bone. It's fucking disgusting tbh. 

7 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

I am not dismissing their achievement at all. They have performed admirably and deserve our support.

The club can get special commemorative trophies made for each player if we finish less than 3 points behind. A couple of people can pay to get them made and engraved I'm sure.

More delegation!!

f**k sake. 

1 hour ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Boring.

And the irony is you're trying to be the moral crusader bringing up that unrelated subject over a year after they joined us.

I'm sure you'll have a cry w**k over them when they fire us into League 1 next season.

I stopped attending when we signed the rapist and when I finally relented and returned in my very first game back one of our own fans was racially abusing an opposition player. I love what my club used to be, not what it is now. Given my experiences I feel I'm well within my rights to preach. 

I stopped attending when we signed the rapist and when I finally relented and returned in my very first game back one of our own fans was racially abusing an opposition player. I love what my club used to be, not what it is now. Given my experiences I feel I'm well within my rights to preach. 

Do ye, aye!!

24 minutes ago, Officer Barbrady said:

More delegation!!

f**k sake. 

I meant the couple who made the error. As for your other post, I simply do not care how disgusting you find it. Total over-reaction frankly as much of your communication regularly is. The idea that your view of this process/outcome is the only one is that could be acceptable or correct is a tad self-indulgent.

30 minutes ago, Stuart Anderson said:

So one person acts like a dick and you tarnish every supporter and the club as a whole because of their actions?!

45 minutes ago, Officer Barbrady said:

Because SLW, that's exactly what this "attitude" is. It demonstrates absolutely f**k-all empathy for players efforts, despite the fact that its those very players who have got us there. Their loyalties, if the large majority of our players are as savvy as they seem, will be severely tested under those conditions. I suppose, in this instance, they can "f**k off if they don't like it", which as we all witnessed, was the "means" which very nearly and would justifiably have spelt the "end" for the club in the professional league after over 125 years. Of all the arguments i've endured, the idea that brazenly not giving a f**k how we go up, with the position we were in and remain in leaves me cold to the bone. It's fucking disgusting tbh. 

You're a zoomer, kid.

Think the point most are making is with regard to the players think in 10 years time they will say . I that was great getting up through the play offs who wanteed a league winners medal anyway
oh and this year's legends lunch 2030 features the Clyde team that won the play off final 2018/ 19 doesn't that have so much better ring than league champions 2018/19

like the others with your attitude you haven't been on the pitch bursting your balls ever week driving on till the last minute of games

I’m sure 2019/2020 league 1 champions will make up for it though [emoji6]

25 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

I meant the couple who made the error. As for your other post, I simply do not care how disgusting you find it. Total over-reaction frankly as much of your communication regularly is. The idea that your view of this process/outcome is the only one is that could be acceptable or correct is a tad self-indulgent.

Yes, it 100% absolutely is. Thank you. Of course i think i'm right, otherwise arguing it would be bloody stupid. 

1 minute ago, Officer Barbrady said:

Yes, it 100% absolutely is. Thank you. Of course i think i'm right, otherwise arguing it would be bloody stupid. 

When you stop and think, you can then consider whether putting across your opinion can be done in a way that does not involve either exaggeration or attempting to demean someone else's POV.

14 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

When you stop and think, you can then consider whether putting across your opinion can be done in a way that does not involve either exaggeration or attempting to demean someone else's POV.

Can i hold onto this, just in case i need it to remind anyone, anyone at all, who might be at the risk of doing the same? 

It's just that this very act has been a staple defence of club policy/action at pretty much every turn in the last decade. I truthfully only felt it necessary to adopt it the odd time, perhaps, in order to win any given argument, such was its success.

If reason and objectivity were in vogue in the first place, this probably wouldn't even be an issue connected to us being champions, in my opinion. 

Edited by Officer Barbrady

A number of clubs in Scotland have had issues with racist fans this season alone. Agree it is absolutely abhorrent and has no place in the game. I suggest we call folk out for it at the games.

It isn’t, however, indicative of the club or the majority of clyde fans. That said, however, we have to do more as a collective to stamp it out.

Expiry of term of or other Termination of Temporary Transfer
65 On the expiry of the term or other termination of a Temporary Transfer, the Registration of the Player concerned shall revert to his transferor Club or, as the case may be, his Football club:
(i) where such expiry or termination occurs outside of a Registration Period, on the first day of the next succeeding Registration Period; or
(ii) where such expiry or termination occurs during a Registration Period, on the date of such expiry or termination.

Edited by cmontheloknow

It's November 2019. We are away at Airdrie for the first time in years and looking forward to Thistle coming to Broadwood next week.

At that point I am fairly sure very few will be sitting thinking ' if only we had come up as champions'.

It’s November 2019. We are away at QP and failing to win (again). Next week we can look forward to Elgin visiting Broadwood (again).

At that point I’m fairly sure most of us will be thinking I wish we hadn’t had to go through the lottery of the playoffs when we could/should have won the title.

Unfortunately it would be typical Clyde to slip up when it really matters against an Annan or Edinburgh side we had made our bitches during the regular season.

That’s the gamble we will likely have to take now due to some clown not knowing the rules or bothering to check them.

I stopped attending when we signed the rapist and when I finally relented and returned in my very first game back one of our own fans was racially abusing an opposition player.

Ah! The "John Mason" boycott.

Defined as boycotting your club until they start to be successful but you still try to cling to the moral high ground.

Please spare us the moral grandstanding. It's unbecoming.

It’s November 2019. We are away at QP and failing to win (again). Next week we can look forward to Elgin visiting Broadwood (again).

At that point I’m fairly sure most of us will be thinking I wish we hadn’t had to go through the lottery of the playoffs when we could/should have won the title.

Unfortunately it would be typical Clyde to slip up when it really matters against an Annan or Edinburgh side we had made our bitches during the regular season.

That’s the gamble we will likely have to take now due to some clown not knowing the rules or bothering to check them.
club could sell the video

nightmare on ardgoil drive [emoji16]